Work closely with, and under the guidance and supervision of, the Development Director to develop winning grants, proposals, concept notes, letters of interest, and business plans
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
Our client is searching for a Grants and Fundraising Officer to support grant writing, fundraising, and support expansion and diversification of revenue generation for the organization’s programs and operations.
Our client is a 19-year-old award-winning Ugandan registered NGO and non-profit that promotes biodiversity conservation by enabling people, gorillas, and other wildlife to coexist through improving their health and wellbeing in and around protected areas in Africa. The organization envisions ecosystems where wildlife and people prosper in shared, dynamic, resilient, and healthy environments. The organization has established itself as a leader in One Health and sustainable development through integrated human, animal, and environmental health approaches.
We work with the government, local community, civil society, and the private sector, currently with field programs in 2 countries in Africa: Uganda and the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), to implement three main program areas, which are integrated: 1. Wildlife Conservation including wildlife health
2. Community Health with a focus on One Health
3. Alternative Livelihoods for communities in proximity to protected conservation areas. This includes activities to support sustainable coffee farming for smallholder farmers around Bwindi Impenetrable National Park through the organization's award-winning social enterprise, Gorilla Conservation Coffee
Please find below the details of the opportunity.
The Grants and Fundraising Officer will:
- Work closely with, and under the guidance and supervision of, the Development Director to develop winning grants, proposals, concept notes, letters of interest, and business plans
- Collaborate effectively with other team members to gain input and insights for effective proposal development (Programmes and field teams, M&E, finance, communications & media, research, and laboratory, amongst others)
- Research prospective donors and search for funding opportunities proactively, providing feedback for team members input into available funding opportunities
- Identify appropriate donors and funders which align with the company’s values and strategy
- Coordinate other proposal application requirements including compiling relevant supporting documents and updating online databases, as needed
- Draft covering emails, support letters, and other communication as needed
- Manage, collaboratively, a database of grant proposals
- Manage systems and software to identify prospective donors and funders
- Re-work proposals in line with supervisor, CEO, and team member feedback
- Support translation of grants into implementation documents and plans, including communicating key donor information and requirements, as needed
- Support individual donor stewardship, as needed and requested
- Support in budget monitoring for all grants and ensuring compliance with donor rules and regulations
- Support communications and media department as needed and requested
- Support other departments and provide engaged and timely input and contributions, as needed, as a member of the company's team
- Other tasks may be required.
Professional Qualifications, Experience, and Characteristics
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- A master’s degree is an advantage
- Fundraising/grants writing experience
- Excellent English writing and communication skills
- Ideally, experience in conservation, health, community development, and/or One Health programming
- Understanding of NGO, government, and other stakeholder landscapes in Uganda and Africa preferred
- Ability and willingness to learn
- Commitment to transparency and integrity
- Proficiency in mainstream computer programs (word, excel, presentation software).
- Design skills or proficiency a bonus
- Excellent organizational skills and time management
- Creativity and ability to ‘think outside the box
- Capacity and willingness to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Ability to take feedback constructively
- Willingness to travel, as needed
- Flexibility and adaptability to work around and manage multiple different deadlines
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple tight, and often competing, deadlines
- M&E and budgetary experience preferred
- Dedication and passion for achievement – and to making a difference
- Desire to be part of a team pioneering new approaches and ideas.
If you have examples of previous grants, proposals, or pieces of writing that you would like to share, please share up to three pieces.
Shortlisted applicants will be requested to complete a timed written assignment as part of the interview and selection process.
How to apply.
All applications will be received and Reviewed through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Here' section
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.