Within Uganda , Mbarara , East Africa
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is on a mission to create a world where no mother, child, or family is devastated by HIV and AIDS, and we are making an impact. We are a proven leader in the global fight to end HIV and AIDS, and an advocate for every child to live a full and healthy life into adulthood. For more than 30 years, EGPAF has been a leader in meeting urgent needs in pediatric HIV and AIDS in the world’s most affected regions. We carry out our values of passion, innovation, teamwork, leadership, integrity, excellence and equity every day, while maximizing our impact in the communities we serve. Join us on our fight for an AIDS-free generation!
Title: Grants and Contracts Specialist
Department: Field Operations
Location: Uganda – Mbarara
Reports To: Associate Director of Operations
Direct Reports: None
Closing Date: 1/14/2022
How will you fight for an AIDS-free generation?
The Grants and Contracts specialist will serve as the main point of contact for the management of sub-awards, grants and sub-contracts. He/She will manage the grants and sub-awards, with an emphasis on donor compliance, reporting, and capacity building. The position holder will be required to collaborate with project and operations teams to maintain financial oversight over sub-grantees, capacity strengthening of the sub-grantee staff, and to ensure strict compliance with donor requirements. The officer will be responsible for ensuring compliance with the terms and conditions of the respective Sub awards, provide technical sub-granting advice to the senior leadership and take a lead role in the sub-awards monitoring processes. In addition, he/she will also be responsible for reviewing complex programmatic contracts and sub contracts proposals/ offers before execution and maintain a contracts deliverables and end dates tracker.
No two days are alike at EGPAF, but what can you expect in this role?
• Manage the sub-recipient process including; preparing sub-award agreements and securing internal approvals, reviewing requests for disbursement of cash requests to sub-recipients for accuracy and compliance with the agreement documents and monitoring sub-recipients’ compliance with their own policies and flowed down donor terms and conditions.
• Determine capacity building needs for sub-recipients and work with various stakeholders (programs, health systems teams, operations departments, etc.) to design customized training packages, including post-training follow up and associated documentation
• Monitor sub-award periods and spending trends for sub-recipients and work with project teams to request and secure any modifications on a timely basis.
• Develop a targeted, risk-based, compliance review plan for sub-recipients, disseminate the plan to management and ensure adherence/implementation of the plan within the stipulated timelines
• Ensures that all required sub-recipient documentation is posted in the Contracts and Grants Information System, and also ensures that copies of supporting documents for sub-grantee expenses are available for audit
• Ensure the timely administration of all sub-award closeouts
• Maintain a tracker for all executed complex contracts and help the procurement team in tracking the deliverables/milestones and closeouts/end dates.
• Review complex programmatic contract offers before execution with a view of ensuring that they comply with donor regulations, the Foundation’s requirements and applicable statutory provisions.
• Provide regular capacity building to procurement staff on contracts management and applicable donor regulations.
• Review annual and quarterly procurement plans and flag out to the procurement team items that require prior donor approval.
• Participate in the development, issuance, and evaluation of complex request for proposals (RFPs) processes.
• Maintains open and regular communications with Senior Management, and headquarters staff in DC for compliance updates, learning of best practices from other countries, problem solving options, professional development, etc.
• Update and disseminate knowledge by studying existing and new regulations
• Perform other duties as assigned from time to time.
• Any other duties job related roles reasonably assigned
To be successful, you will have:
• A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field plus full CPA/ACCA qualification.
• At least 5 years’ hands on experience in grants management, audit or finance
• In depth knowledge of United States Government grant and procurement regulations, systems and procedures for managing complex grant programs with many partners and customers.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization.
• Excellent report writing and presentation skills
Bonus points if you have:
• Knowledge in procurement
• Experience working with an international non-profit/non-governmental organization (NGO)
• Ability to interpret funding regulations and develop implementing procedures
• Ability to develop and implement training programs for multi-faceted audiences
• Emotionally intelligent individual, with ability to resolve conflicts professionally
How to apply.
Click on the 'Apply Here' section to be redirected to the application portal.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Senior Human Resources Officer
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
Plot 15, Kitante Close
P.O. Box 21127
NO HAND-DELIVERED APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
As a global, multinational and multicultural organization, EGPAF believes that diversity in the workplace enriches our work and enhances our impact and effectiveness. We believe that employees have the right to work in a climate of mutual respect and integrity that promotes dignity and respect for all, and that enables them to reach their full potential. The Foundation is committed to advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEI&B).
EGPAF is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. In addition to country law requirements, EGPAF complies with US laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Foundation has facilities.
The Foundation does not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment process. If you are asked to pay a fee at any stage of recruitment, please contact email@example.com