Supporting Oxfam in Uganda’s Governance and Accountability (G&A) program team who work with partners and Civil Society networks while supporting women, men and young people to meaningfully participate in influencing just economies with people at the centre of promoting a just and sustainable economic system.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Graduate trainee
- Experience Length:No Experience/Less than 1 year
Graduate trainee – Just economies
• Supporting Oxfam in Uganda’s Governance and Accountability (G&A) program team who work with partners and Civil Society networks while supporting women, men and young people to meaningfully participate in influencing just economies with people at the centre of promoting a just and sustainable economic system.
• Promotion of women’s rights in Oxfam in Uganda’s advocacy on just economies.
• Promotion of the Triple nexus programming and Oxfam’s one program approach’s way of working.
The trainee will assist the Governance and Accountability program team with implementing influencing work on just economies.
Daily duties may include but not limited to:
• Assist with preparations and implementation of day to day actions, some communications, events and activities e.g. logistical planning, organizing meetings, email follow ups, agenda setting, note taking and doing follow ups.
• Assist with routine research and analysis of the latest developments and trends regarding economic, social and political contexts in Uganda and internationally and on CSO’s engagement with international financial institutions e.g. World Bank, IMF.
• Assist and participate in routine discussions held in CSO spaces while compiling brief update reports to the program team and doing follow ups on agreed actions.
• Assist with proposing and implementing innovative ideas for policy advocacy and campaigns on just economies.
• Assist with development of advocacy and campaign products.
• Assist with drafting and editing of publications, reports etc.
• Assist with documentation of good practices and success stories.
• Participate in G&A program led fundraising initiatives on economic justice.
• Any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
• Inspire and Empower: Oxfam desires a person whose ideologies, passion, compassion and working styles, will inspire and empower other colleagues. You should be motivational, inspirational and empowering.
• Thought leadership: Adopt a “thought leadership” attitude, stay up to date with the latest thinking, undertake research or analysis that brings new perspectives and insights.
• Initiator: actively identify opportunities and initiates actions and processes to address both existing or impending challenges to avert delays, derailments, overlaps, duplication and redundancy of Oxfam’s programs.
• Effective Communicator and relationship builder: You must be effective in both oral and written communications to Oxfam staff, partners, supporters and external stakeholders.
• Systems thinker: you must understand how your actions, inactions, program work affects Oxfam as a confederation and partners. You must understand the interconnectedness of the work that Oxfam does and the broader change goals it seeks to achieve.
Applicants must at the time of applicants meet the following requirements:
• You must have graduated or finished studies and pending graduation (between 2019-2022);
• A Second university degree or Post Graduate Diploma or an equivalent is an added advantage.
• Knowledge about macro-economic and social trends and contexts in Uganda is an added advantage.
• Academic background in either of the following but not limited to Economics, Public Financial Management, International development, Taxation.
Experience and Job Requirements
• No work experience is required to apply.
• Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply.
• Excellent communication skills, in written and verbal English;
• Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues, as well as the commitment to equal opportunities.
• Ability to demonstrate an openness and willingness to learn about the application of gender/gender mainstreaming, women’s rights, feminist principles and diversity for all aspects of development work.
• Commitment to Oxfam’s safeguarding policies to ensure all people who come into contact with Oxfam are as safe as possible.
• Ability to demonstrate a high level of self-awareness, initiative, sound judgment, personal energy and flexibility;
• Ability and willingness to travel and to work extra hours as necessary;
• Accountability – Our purpose-driven, results-focused approach means we take responsibility for our actions and hold ourselves accountable. We believe that others should also be held accountable for their actions.
• Empowerment – Our approach means that everyone involved with Oxfam, from our staff and supporters to people living in poverty, should feel they can make change happen.
• Inclusiveness – We are open to everyone and embrace diversity. We believe everyone has a contribution to make, regardless of visible and invisible differences.
Key Behavioral Competencies (based on Oxfam’s Leadership Model)
Influencing We have the ability to engage with diverse stakeholders in a way that leads to increased impact for the organization We spot opportunities to influence effectively and where there are no opportunities we have the ability to create them in a respectful and impactful manner.
Humility We put ‘we’ before ‘me’ and place an emphasis on the power of the collective, nurture the team and play to the strengths of each individual. We are not concerned with hierarchical power, and we engage with, trust and value the knowledge and expertise of others across all levels of the organization.
Relationship Building We understand the importance of building relationship, within and outside the organization. We have the ability to engage with traditional and non-traditional stakeholders in ways that lead to increased impact for the organization.
Listening We are good listeners who can see where deeper levels of thoughts and tacit assumptions differ. Our messages to others are clear and consider different preferences.
Self-Awareness We are able to develop a high degree of self-awareness around our own strengths and weaknesses and our impact on others. Our self-awareness enables us to moderate and self-regulate our behaviors to control and channel our impulses for good purposes.
How to apply.
Click on the 'Apply Here' section to be redirected to the application portal.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.