The Geochemist will be responsible for archiving samples submitted by oil companies and maintaining the laboratory section. He / She will analyze all geochemical samples and generate reports.
a) A Bachelor’s degree (Hons) in Petroleum Geoscience, Geochemistry or
Geology from an internationally recognized institution.
a) A minimum of 3 years’ relevant working experience in the oil and gas sector, in a busy and well-organized institution.
b) Demonstrated knowledge in Geochemical data interpretation.
c) Knowledge of geochemistry data interpretation software.
d) Knowledge in laboratory analysis techniques, basin modeling, and petroleum
e) Knowledge in operating and maintaining geochemical equipment and software.
f) Ability to assimilate, develop and apply geochemistry concepts to explore petroleum.
a) A Master’s degree in Geochemistry from an internationally recognized University.
b) An internationally recognized professional qualification or membership of an
internationally recognized professional body in the areas of oil and gas.
Character & Competencies
a) Innovative and with a proven high level of integrity.
b) Ability to work independently and in a team.
c) Proven track record of outstanding performance.
d) Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
e) Track record of training and mentoring others.
f) Excellent analytical skills.
g) Proficiency in the relevant computer packages
a) Undertakes archiving of core samples, rock cuttings and oil samples submitted by oil companies.
b) Maintains the core store and Laboratory section.
c) Participates in the analysis of samples by oil companies.
d) Participates in the analysis by oil companies of oil and rock cuttings from wells
e) Undertakes analysis of samples received from oil companies.
f) Generates geochemistry data for basin analysis and resource
assessment of the different sedimentary basins in the country
g) Compile Monthly, Quarterly, and Annual reports
h) Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
HOW TO APPLY:
PAU will ONLY consider online applications submitted through her website. Interested persons who fully meet the required job specifications and with the right personal attributes for the above positions are invited to visit the PAU website: www.pau.go.and follow the link to “OPPORTUNITIES-CAREERS-VACANCIES” to view details and apply for the available opportunities.
All applications should reach the PAU’s website www.pau.go.ug by Monday 4th October 2021 at 11:59 pm.
1. ONLY online applications will be considered. Applications submitted by e-mail will not be accepted.
2. Applicants are required to scan and attach CERTIFIED copies of the required academic documents only e.g. Degree, Transcript, Diploma, A-level and O-level certificates, and PLE results slip.
3. Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted and background checks conducted before they are considered for appointment into the Authority.
4. Only short-listed and successful candidates will be contacted, and any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
5. All appointments shall be subject to a probationary period of not more than six months and subsequent confirmation in service will be based on satisfactory performance of the individual.
6. Please forward any enquiries regarding this advert to firstname.lastname@example.org call telephone number +256 313231500.
“PAU is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge any money to any applicant for employment in its Service”