A general manager is responsible for overseeing daily business activities, improving overall business functions, training heads of departments, managing budgets, developing strategic plans, creating policies, and communicating business goals.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 5 years
We are an equal opportunity employer, one of the most reliable in East Africa and with an exemplary record of looking after employees over the COVID years.
We are looking for an energetic, kind, creative, and patient tourism professional to join our team in Uganda as General Manager.
A General manager is responsible for overseeing daily business activities, improving overall business functions, training heads of departments, managing budgets, developing strategic plans, creating policies, and communicating business goals. Also, a GM is responsible for improving efficiency and increasing departmental profits while managing the company's overall operations.
Core Job Responsibilities & Duties:
- General manager roving between 3 properties in Uganda to inspire and motivate the teams and oversee their daily business operations.
- Developing and implementing growth strategies.
- Drive the broader goals of the company, in terms of the lodge, by planning and implementing Strategic Management Plans
- Represent the company in all areas, both internally and externally and manage relationship with neighbouring communities etc
- Be passionate about hospitality, and have a keen interest and proven success in sustainability, conservation and community development.
- Create and manage budgets.
- Evaluate performance and productivity.
- Analyse accounting and financial data.
- Researching and identifying growth opportunities.
- Generating reports and giving presentations.
- Management and training of the lodge staff in line with the company standards
- Ensure ultimate guest relations in the lodge
- Enhance guest experience and Improving revenue
- Maintain the highest standards of housekeeping and maintenance and ensure that style and design is not eroded
- Assist the Camp and Lodge Managers during cycle leave and perform all duties relevant to this position
- Assist Procurement department in procuring correct quality of produce and products
- Assist in setting up correct stock handling, counting, and issuing procedures
- Assist Operations Manager with Ad hoc projects
- Assist with Capex requirements for the properties
- Performing other duties requested by the CEO
- Be healthy and energetic enough to manage movement between 3 properties, on foot in hot and humid conditions
- Excellent people skills the ability and passion to upskill a majority unskilled workforce (68%) of staff all sourced from our local communities
- Proven experience in working with communities and developing strong relationships
- Experience in CSR projects – implementation and management.
- A kind and caring nature is essential to succeed in this role
- Prior experience in a remote posting or a minimum of 4 years Senior Lodge Management experience in a 5-star luxury establishment (Essential)
- Solid technical working knowledge of operations both front and back of house
- A developmental approach of staff
- Motivating and inspiring
- An awareness of developments within the food and lodge industries, as well as international trends in hospitality.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good financial acumen
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) with reliable contact address, email and telephone numbers and attached all relevant documents.
- Applicants should apply on the strengths of the information given in this advertisement.
- Applicants should indicate two reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
- Applicants must indicate the position applied for on the EMAIL SUBJECT
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
How to apply:
All applications will be received and Reviewed through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Here' section
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.