Success Africa is a leading Human Resource and Organizational Development (OD) Consultancy firm seeking to recruit on behalf of our client a leading Lakeside Resort based near Kampala. Our client is looking to engage the services of a suitable individual in the position of General Manager. Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). The job incumbent who will work within a matrix reporting structure will be a member of the Senior Management Team reporting directly to Managing Director with a dotted reporting line to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) & the Board. The position will attract a salary commensurate with one’s qualifications and experience.
“Do you have strong entrepreneurial and innovation abilities? Do you have demonstrated abilities to grow a hospitality & recreational business? Are you honest, assertive, tenacious, and reliable? Do you love the challenge of creating exciting products and services for high end clients that delight and at the same time grow revenue” This could be the opportunity you have been waiting for!
The General Manager will provide overall strategic leadership and general oversight of the day to day operations of the resort leading a highly technical team that is expected to deliver exceptional service, ensure optimal use of facilities and champion a high-performance client-centric service culture all in line with the Strategic Plan, Marketing Plan, and UHOA guidelines.
In addition to being an ambassador for the Resort brand and acting as the Resort spokesperson, the General Manager will be expected to successfully deliver on the underlisted Key Result Areas (KRA).
Key Result Area (KRA)
1. Financial Management
- Revenue maximization
- Financial monitoring, performance & reporting
- Preparation of overall budget and forecasts
- Cost & energy saving initiatives
2. Sales and Marketing
- Oversee sales activities of the property and meet revenue objectives.
- Identify and seek out potential business in viable local, regional & international markets.
- Propose and identify new business opportunities
- Promote the resort recreational facilities
- Initiate and package new offers to increase service offerings and revenue
3. Guest Satisfaction
- Enable consistent guest satisfaction ratings.
- Facilitate efficiently and efficient service
- Monitor overall customer satisfaction
- Champion the refurbishing of the property/facilities
- Advise and oversee any capital development projects and initiatives
4. Planning and Organizing
- Legal & regulatory compliance
- Conduct an industry trend analysis and makes suggestions for improvement of the operation
- Quality assurance
- Risk & crisis management
5. Employee Management
- Optimal staff, retention & development
- Team performance management
- Adherence to all related employment laws and regulations.
- Timely conflict & grievance management
6. Property and facility management
- Overall supervision of property/facilities and maintenance register
- Compliance with health and safety standards and by-laws in place
- Management of assets register
7. Stock Management
- Monitor robust stores and inventory management system
- Adherence to purchasing and supply standards and processes
8. Health and Safety
- Champion environmental management, property hygiene, health & safety initiatives
- Oversee compliance with statutory food & hygiene standards
- Masters Degree in hospitality management or business highly desirable
- Bachelors degree in hospitality management, business or related field a must
- in Hotel management from UTALI college - Kenya or other reputable hospitality training facility, desirable
- Experience in opening, managing or re-positioning a hotel or beach-side recreational facility with clear professional high impact track record highly desirable
- At least 6 (six) year’s experience working within a hotel or recreational beachside facility as part of the Senior Management Team (SMT)
- Demonstrated ability to articulate and provide strategic advice at Board level on the direction and potential expansion of the business highly desirable
- Strong entrepreneurial capabilities and business acumen
- Warm, sociable & fun-loving personality, assertive & confident
- Strong leadership, administrative and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task & champion high-level prioritization
- Proactive creative approach to issues
- Strong data collection, analytical & presentation skills
- Critical thinking capabilities coupled with strong problem-solving skills
- Good proposal and report writing skills.
- Proficiency in basic computer packages.
- Strong planning & organization skill capabilities
- Strong Communication, influencing capability & Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work and motivate multicultural & technical teams
- Must be a a self-motivated and reliable person who can work with minimal supervision
- Unassailable integrity and commitment to high ethical conduct & confidentiality
- Methodical, organized mind with great attention to detail
- Ability to initiate and maintain strong business networks
- Strong computer & digital capabilities
“Could it be you we are looking for?”
If you are interested in joining a dynamic and forward-looking organization, submit your application letter and CV only on email@example.com by 5:00 pm on 07/08/2020. Your application letter must carry the reference number: R-GM/02/20. Document size limit: 2MBs
In your application, highlight your leadership experience from childhood to date. If you speak a second international language and/or good with a musical the instrument, it would be an added advantage worth highlighting too
Any form of canvassing will lead to the disqualification of your application. Hand-delivered or late applications will not be accepted.