Success Africa is a leading Human Resource and Organizational Development (OD) Consultancy firm seeking to recruit on behalf of our client a leading Resort based near Kampala. Our client is looking to engage the services of a suitable individual in the position of General Manager. The job incumbent who will work within a matrix reporting structure will be a member of the Senior Management Team reporting directly to the Managing Director with a dotted reporting line to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) & the Board. The position will attract a salary commensurate with one’s qualifications and experience. Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
“Do you have strong entrepreneurial and innovation abilities? Do you have strong leadership & Management abilities? Are you very passionate about the hotel & hospitality industry? Are you assertive, tenacious, and view challenges as an opportunity to transform and grow?” If your answer is yes, then this is a great opportunity for you.
The Hotel General Manager will provide overall strategic leadership and general oversight of the day to day operations of the hotel leading a highly technical team that is expected to deliver exceptional service, ensure optimal use of facilities and champion a high-performance client-centric service culture all in line with the Strategic Plan, Marketing Plan, and UHOA guidelines
In addition to being an ambassador for the Hotel brand and acting as the Hotel spokesperson, the General Manager will be expected to successfully deliver on the underlisted Key Result Areas (KRA).
Key Result Area (KRA)
1. Financial Management
- Revenue maximization
- Financial monitoring, performance & reporting
- Preparation of overall budget and forecasts
- Cost & energy saving initiatives
2. Sales and Marketing
- Oversee sales activities of the property and meet revenue objectives.
- Identify and seek out potential business in viable local, regional & International markets.
- Increase brand awareness and appreciation
3. Guest Satisfaction
- Enable consistent guest satisfaction ratings
- Facilitate efficient and effective service
- Monitor overall customer satisfaction
4. Planning and Organizing
- Legal & regulatory compliance
- Conduct Industry trend analysis and make suggestions for improvement of the operation
- Quality assurance
- Risk and crisis management
5. Employee Management
- Optimal staff retention & development
- Team performance management
- Adherence to all related employment laws and regulations.
- Timely conflict & grievance management
6. Property Management
- Overall supervision of property and maintenance register
- Compliance with health and safety standards and by-laws in place
- Management of assets register
- Inspect and document repairs and cleanliness of property to ensure optimum upkeep and repair, hotel room cleanliness and overall property appearance.
7. Stock Management
- Monitor robust stores and inventory management system
- Adherence to purchasing and supply standards and processes
8. Health and Safety
- Champion environmental management, property hygiene, health & safety initiatives
- Oversee compliance with statutory food & hygiene standards
· Masters Degree in hospitality management or business desirable
· Bachelors degree in hospitality management, business or related field a must
· Diploma in Hotel management from UTALI college – Kenya, or other reputable hospitality training facility, desirable
· Experience in opening, managing or re-positioning a hotel with clear professional high impact track record highly desirable
· At least 8 (eight) year’s experience working within a hotel and as part of the Senior Management Team (SMT)
· Demonstrated ability to articulate and provide strategic advice at Board level on the direction and potential expansion of the business, highly desirable
· Strong entrepreneurial capabilities and business acumen
· Warm and likable personality, assertive & confident
· Strong leadership administrative and organizational skills
· Ability to multi-task & champion high-level prioritization
· Proactive creative approach to issues
· Strong data collection, analytical & presentation skills
· Critical thinking capabilities coupled with strong problem solving skills
· Good proposal and report writing skills.
· Proficiency in basic computer packages.
· Strong planning & organization skill capabilities
· Strong Communication, influencing capability & Interpersonal skills
· Ability to work and motivate multicultural & technical teams
· Must be a self-motivated and reliable person who can work with minimal supervision
· Unassailable integrity and commitment to high ethical conduct & confidentiality
· Methodical, organized mind with great attention to detail
· Ability to initiate and maintain strong business networks
· Strong computer and digital capabilities
“Could it be you we are looking for?”
If you are interested in joining a dynamic and forward-looking organization, submit your application letter and CV only on email@example.com by 5:00 pm on 07/08/2020. Your application letter must carry the reference number: H-GM/01/20. Document size limit: 2MBs
In your application, highlight your leadership experience from childhood to date. If you speak a second international language and/or good with a musical instrument, it would be an added advantage worth highlighting too
Any form of canvassing will
lead to the