Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develop and implement the Business project of Retail Business.
• Build an employee team, liaise with suppliers and develop business processes.
• Build Systems and procedures to ensure:
Customer Service ;
-Develop "core" customer service in line with the Ecomart values
- Plan and Instil in all the potential employees the value of customer service where the word "no" does not exist
- Promote and monitor quality of service among staff through training and by acting as a positive role model
- Create "seamless customer service" by making every effort to find merchandise for customers if an item is not in stock
- Make staff personally available to all customers to communicate and identify their needs and address their questions or concerns
-Ensure all online orders are delivered on time and customer queries are handled in a timely manner.
Budgeting and Planning ;
- In conjunction with the Board of Directors and Finance, formulate the revenue and expense goals
- Ensure that goals will be met through appropriate planning and organization of staff, inventory, and expenses for short and long term success
- Develop and monitor the capital expense budget
- Develop a loss prevention program to protect the Company's assets
-Hire people who pursue passions that relate to our products and values
-Achieving all KPI’s and targets as directed by the Board of Directors
- Maintain open and positive relations with all divisions of the Company
- Maintain feedback loop to potential suppliers and buyers with customer comments
and employee opinions
- Develop and work with potential buyers to establish the acceptable inventory
levels for the outlet
- Ensure that Company policy and procedures are communicated in a timely manner
and adhered to accordingly
Leadership, Training and Staff Development ;
- Develop and support a positive attitude
- Maintain employee attitude and morale by recognizing outstanding performance and service
- Motivate and develop staff in order to encourage their professional development
- Maintain training standards to ensure both product and systems expertise that will improve outlet operations and allow for better customer service
- Provide an "open door" policy where employees are free to express their concerns and feelings without fear of retribution or ill will
- Develop a pool of potential outlet supervisors to meet the long range Retail and Company objectives
- Maintain high merchandising values that reflect the Ecomart Supermarket image by being creative, educational, inviting and expressive
- Work in conjunction with the Board of Directors and Finance to develop an advertising or promotional plan that will maximize retail sales for the outlet
- Develop a merchandising plan each season that enhances product presentation, includes signage or POP, and makes the outlet an easy place to shop
Legal Compliance ;
- Ensure that the outlet is in compliance with all the laws of Uganda
- Maintain safe working conditions for employees and customers; resolve safety concerns quickly
- Ensure outlet security from internal and external theft and know the proper apprehension and prosecution procedures.
-Bachelor’s Degree in any relevant field.
-Master’s Degree will be an added advantage
• 5 years + experience in supermarket management with a proven track record in retail revenue growth.
• Demonstrated ability to build effective teams and motivate employees.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Sourcing & Negotiating Skills & Sourcing Contacts
• Supply Chain Management
• Knowledge of effective merchandise presentation standards
• Understanding of basic retail concepts (e.g. gross margin, markdowns).
• Property Development
• Systems – IT requirements for Retail business
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Good problem solving skills.
• Ability to adapt quickly and react positively to business needs and changes in strategies.
• Willingness to set and maintain high standards of performance.
• Generating Business Vision
• Strategic Planning & Organizing
• Problem Solving & Decision Making
• HR Management
• Influencing & Communicating
• Team Work
All applications will be received and Reviewed through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section