PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Lead company operations for a start-up Microfinance bank, including building a world class team and the development, approval and execution of strategies, policies, objectives and plans designed to achieve approved growth, revenue and profit targets.
- Develop and establish short and long-term plans and strategies and execute such plans and strategies in the achievement of approved targets and objectives.
- Review economic, market and Company trends and develop and execute corrective action to ensure achievement of the Company’s targets and objectives. Report on this action and on actual operating performance versus budget and forecast objectives.
- Supervision and monitoring of all branches and those on the Operation team including the head office
- Maintain quality in Company operations through the development and application of Company policies, procedures and standards consistent with world class Microfinance operating procedures.
- Delivering mission focused and client centric services
- Provide leadership to the senior team across all functions. Develop and maintain an appropriate organization structure, employee motivation and management succession and progression.
EXPERIENCE AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 10 years overall experience with well-established Microfinance bank(s) with an emphasis on operations and at least 3 years on the senior executive team, preferably as Operation and/or General Manager.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree from a 4-year international university and preferably a master’s degree in leadership, business, finance, or similar field.
- Experience in short and long-term planning and in the development of strategies and plans for achievement of approved revenue, profit and growth targets.
- Understanding and appreciation of modern human resource management and the importance of company values, culture and people capability in driving results (experience preferred).
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to obtain credibility and acceptance in the shortest possible time without unnecessary disruption. Must be able to relate to all levels of management and employees through the application of well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to develop close working relationship with key first line reports and build and align teams. Strong coaching skills.
- High level of administrative, organizational and communication ability.
- Enthusiasm to serve the underprivileged and make a positive impact in their life through interventions of the company.
- Competitive outlook with proven decision-making ability balanced by sound commercial judgement. Action should be decisive but not reactionary or impulsive.
- High degree of flexibility with the willingness to travel extensively to branches located in rural, semi-urban and urban regions.
- Fluent in English and preferable at least one other language.
- High energy level and work ethic and capacity to work and withstand long hours. Experience working with multinational company, ideally including USA.