The Manager’s core role is to oversee all company vehicles, drivers, and related assets, including their operations, mechanical conditions, budgeting process, external, internal policy compliance, and overall fleet performance.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Entry level
- Experience Length: 2 years
JOB TITLE: Fleet Manager
REPORTS TO: Head Procurement and Logistics
DEPARTMENT: Procurement and Logistics
LOCATION: Industrial Area, 5th Street, Kampala
Directors, General Managers, Departmental Heads, Accountants, Government institutions, Banks/ financial institutions, Suppliers, Debtors, URA, Consultancy firms and farmer groups.
The Manager’s core role is to oversee all company vehicles, drivers, and related assets, including their operations, mechanical conditions, budgeting process, external, internal policy compliance, and overall fleet performance. Fleet managers will ensure vehicles and drivers are being utilized to their fullest potential in a safe and cost-effective manner. The manager is expected to take part in the hiring and supervision of drivers
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inspection and maintenance of all company vehicles to avoid breakdown.
- Vehicle performance monitoring, record keeping, and compliance
- Tracking driver attendance, health, and other statuses.
- Management and control of the equipment and fleet management system.
- Ensuring drivers’ adherence to applicable transport regulations like driving license, thirty party insurance payments and others.
- Ensuring a smooth communication system with drivers
- Setting up sustainable fuel management.
- Conducting driver training on risk management protocols, safety standards,
- Producing driver performance evaluation reports for management
- Participated in driver recruitment, discipline, and compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Oversee and schedule vehicle inspection, maintenance, and vehicle servicing.
- Control unnecessary expenses and increase fuel efficiency
- A Diploma in Motor Vehicle Repair, Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or a related field
- 2 years experience
- Valid driving license
- People management skills
- Time management skills
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
How to apply.
All candidates should send their updated CVs and application letters through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Here ' section
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.