Job Title: Financial Controller
Reports to: CEO
Duty station: Jinja
We are looking for an experienced Finance Manager who will lead our local Finance team in a demanding and fast-growing organization. We are looking for a highly experienced, organized, enthusiastic, and motivated finance professional with clear business affinity who will lead our local Finance team to reach the next level. Such a professional should be able to meet the increased requirements of a fast-growing organization. The team works closely together with other departments in the organization. The Finance Manager plays a vital part in further development and the smooth-running of the business and can lead the team at a strategic and operational level.
Duties & Responsibilities
FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION
- Responsible for the financial administration and overseeing the registration of all payments and receipts into the Tally system.
- Responsible for the Finance team and the efficient deployment of its members.
- Managing the payroll and any necessary follow-up communication.
- Managing statutory obligations like such as URA, NSSF, and filing of taxes.
- Responsible for the implementation of a strict monthly financial closing process and reporting cycle.
- Responsible for periodic budgeting & forecasting.
- Statistically searching for areas where the company can save/ reduce costs.
- Reporting-timely submission of weekly and monthly financial reports.
- Responsible for the financial review and control of the daily incoming and outgoing transfers and the corresponding cash flow.
- Responsible for the audit process and timely submission of the audited financial statements.
- Liaise with the auditor and external consultants about the legal and auditing requirements.
- Leading the further standardization of the accounting process and procedures according to the plan “Finance to the next level”.
- Leading business process reengineering trajectories to further improve service levels and financial controls.
- Responsible for financial control; - monitoring all business and all other financial indicators.
- Reconciliation of all the company's general ledger lines with a clear understanding of all entries.
- Managing, tracking, and routine reporting on credit/loans.
- Responsible for tracking and managing open invoices, drafts, returns, and canceled invoices.
- Following up on due payments from overseas clients
- Manage the team of finance officers and assistants.
- Orientation and training of new and existing staff.
- Staff performance management and development.
- Close collaboration with other departments.
Qualifications & Profile
The Finance Manager must have:
- A Bachelor and master’s degree and preferably a CFA degree
- Over 10 years of working in a Finance or related field at any level.
- Strong leadership skills and extensive experience in a similar position (min 4 years);
- Strong managerial & organization skills with the ability to prioritize competing demands.
- Good analytical, critical, and inquisitive skill
- Very good English language skills, ability to communicate in one local language.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills and ability to analyze and interpret.
- Good Microsoft office skills, extensive experience with bookkeeping systems
- Team spirit; able to work with a wide range of people at different levels.
- The ability to communicate in a constructive and honest matter.
- The ability to be precise and critical.
- To be available, honest, serious, and enjoys the confidence of others.
- Demonstrated considerable autonomy.
- Must be flexible and adaptable.
- Must be creative and cunning.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and evening or weekend shifts, when needed.
- Must be able to identify knowledge and skills gaps and give guidance to the team according to their needs.