PHP's Financial and Administrative Assistant will help to keep the organization’s books, oversee the organization’s financial management, and perform administrative tasks to support the operations of the organization.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:2 years
PHP will be hiring a Financial and Administrative Assistant (FAA) who will help to keep the organization’s books, oversee the organization’s financial management, and perform administrative tasks to support the operations of the organization. The FAA will be responsible for maintaining PHP’s accounting records, carrying out procurement on behalf of the organization, and managing the organization’s tax liabilities. Specifically, the FAA will have the following duties:
• Maintain clear, comprehensive, and accurate records for all of the organization’s finances.
• Prepare quarterly and annual income statements, balance sheets, and budgets.
• Manage the organization’s payroll, including payroll taxes.
• Carry out procurement activities with the organization’s suppliers.
• File all necessary tax returns with the Uganda Revenue Authority.
• Provide assistance in human resource management.
• Help to carry out clerical work, including tasks to support the organization’s compliance with government regulations.
• Any other duties that may be assigned.
Time Period: The Financial and Administrative Assistant will first be given a contract of 6 months, with hopes of long-term contract renewal based on performance.
Minimum Education Requirements: Bachelor's degree in accounting, business administration, finance, or a similar field. Any level of CPA training is an added advantage. Candidates should have a minimum of 2 years of experience as a financial administrator or similar.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Advanced proficiency in accounting software such as QuickBooks.
• In-depth knowledge of financial controls and accounting standards.
• Extensive experience in financial reporting.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Superb organizational and time management abilities.
• Great collaboration and communication skills.
The Finance and Administrator will primarily be based in Mbarara City but may at times have field assignments, including in rural areas.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their updated CVs and application letters through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.