The Finance Officer is to play a vital role in the implementation of strict fraud mitigation practices and will ensure that there will be no income leakages, in order to enable EAM to effectively realize its vision, mission, and core values.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
East African Ministries|4africa is a faith-based organization that exists to exalt Jesus Christ by restoring and empowering people to become good stewards of their community and country- imparting biblical principles through sustainable clean water and preventative health initiatives while educating future leaders, all with a heart for service.
EAM|4africa has programs in Uganda and South Sudan, and support offices in the US and Australia. EAM|4africa is seeking qualified candidates to fill the following vacancy.
JOB POSITION: Finance Officer (1 position)
REPORTS TO: Finance Manager
JOB STATION: Gulu City
JOB TYPE: Full-time
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS: 14th August 2022, 4:00 pm
The Finance Officer is to play a vital role in the implementation of strict fraud mitigation practices and will ensure that there will be no income leakages, in order to enable EAM to effectively realize its vision, mission, and core values. Under the direct supervision and technical oversight of the Finance Manager, the Finance Officer is responsible for ensuring that the day-to-day accounting operations and financial management functions are performed in accordance with EAM’s policies and procedures, and in accordance with the
International Accounting Standards.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Finance and Accounting
- Execute quarterly spending report consolidation and ongoing financial management (e.g., monitoring of budget to actuals), and report to the AFM.
- In liaison with the Supply chain and logistics department, prepare commitment lists every month for financial obligations already entered but not captured in financial reports.
- Work with the AFM to prepare management accounts to be presented to the project management and the SMT, for decision making.
- Manage Petty cash for the Regional EAM Office.
Processing and timely filing of monthly payments
- Timely filing and payment of all statutory returns, by the 15th of each month. ii. Timely payment of all Cash advances and vendors/suppliers’ payments iii. Check and analyze expenditure transactions for accuracy, make adjusting entries with proper supporting documentation and approval when applicable, and submit a revised spreadsheet to the AFM for final review.
- Ensure that expenses are coded in line with the budget-bearing codes on the chart of accounts.
- Support the Africa finance team in documenting and follow-ups of all actions generated from the contractual partner finance monitoring.
Resources Analysis Execution
- Provide training to program staff on finance tools and processes specific to project financial management.
- Provide support and training to program staff on financial management issues identified as trends within the country.
- Assist the AFM in the development of the annual budget /financial planning, oversight, and consolidation.
- Conduct Monthly reconciliations and resolve values at risk.
- Review all expense worksheets/reports and accountability documents for accuracy and completeness before reporting to the AFM.
- Assist the AFM in the external and Internal Audit preparations and compilation of annual financial reports for EAM.
- Assist in the implementation of Finance policies, procedures, and systems.
- Assist in the monthly reconciliation of transactions spent and the quarterly transactions reported, in preparation for annual reports.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Able to use financial accounting software packages
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Negotiation skills
- Mature Christian
REQUIRED ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or Finance or CPA, ACCA equivalent. ii. With a minimum of three (3) years of accounting experience.
- Experience and knowledge of team dynamics are desirable.
- Computer literate with significant experience in excel, accounting package v. Mature, with stable personality and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
How to apply.
All applications will be received and Reviewed through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.