Deadline of this Job:17 September 2020
Duty StationWithin Uganda , Mitooma , East Africa
Reporting To: Senior Finance Officer
Years of Experience: 3+ years
Travel Required: 30%.
Raising The Village provides a combination of projects which address the immediate needs of the household while building the foundations for long-term household income development. Raising The Village therefore is committed to building affordable and effective poverty solutions which deliver lasting outcomes. As of 2019, RTV is implementing projects in Kisoro, Kanungu, Rukungiri, Kagadi, Mitooma and soon opening in Kyenjojo and has a coordination office in Kampala now wishes to fill the position of Finance Officer for the new office in Mitooma District.
The Finance Officer will support the Senior Finance Officer in the field districts under the projects in the areas of budget formulation, financial planning and monitoring; accounting/budget execution with in the field Districts also provide financial advisory services to the Field Officers.
Financial Management and Reporting
• Ensure that books of accounts are up to date at all times, orderly, well kept, and readily available for reference and audit, when required
• Draft official project correspondences and composing routine correspondence to vendors, bank, and partners
• Withdraw project activities Funds from the bank, disburse and keep accurate records for all daily transactions
• Update internal systems with financial data
• Prepare monthly financial reports
• Participate in budget preparation
• Take part in budget tracking and monitoring
• Review and implement financial policies
• Help oversee and manage individual accounts at the field offices
• Send and follow up on invoices for proper accountability
• Review, reconcile and adhere to project activities accountabilities documentations
• Collect and enter data for various financial spreadsheets
• Reconcile any discrepancies or errors identified by conversing with employees and/or clients
• Report any troubling discoveries or suspicion of wrong doing to the Senior Finance Officer, Finance and Administration Manager or management team as might be required
• Manage and create financial reports on a regular basis
• Suggest changes or improvements to increase accuracy, efficiency, and cost saving
• Manage all the accountability documents and submitting it to the Senior Finance Officer by 1st of every month
• Prepare expenditure cash log to manage daily cash activities at the field offices
• Provide support to staff through trainings to ensure adherence to financial processes and procedures
• Review and prepare monthly reconciliations for each field office
• Manage of the office and project operations cash in field offices
• Maintain the filing of all financial and accounting documents, files, and correspondence.
• Assist with recording expenditures, income, and any other related transactions, in Raising the Village Field office financial tracking/recording program (currently Sage Accounting).
Preferred Technical Skills
• Excellent mathematical skills; understanding of data privacy standards; integrity; honesty critical thinking skills;
• Knowledge of accounting and financial regulations
• Ability to travel at least 30% of the time to different districts of RTV field operations
• Previous experience with accounting software (Sage Accounting),
• Excellent computer skills including Excel and Microsoft word.
• Excellent analytical and numerical skills
• Good time management skills
• Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data.
Education, Qualification and experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and Finance will be an added advantage.
• A minimum of (3) three years of professional experience in providing accounting and bookkeeping, and proven experience in a Finance Officer role
Job application procedure
Please follow this link for the application procedure: https://forms.gle/LVTssyYoLqiRUTfB9
The deadline for applying for this job is 17th September 2020 at 5:00PM EAT.