The Finance Officer will support the Finance Manager in ensuring that appropriate accounting systems and procedures over payroll, cash management, vendor payments, budgeting and related expenditures are followed to properly disburse, account, budget and report project funds that are cost effective, timely, have proper internal controls and comply with USAID and RTI policies and procedures.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID)/Uganda Biodiversity for Resilience (B4R) Activity (2020-2025) provides technical assistance to communities, the government of Uganda, and the private sector, to conserve and manage biodiversity in target ecosystems for lasting environmental and economic sustainability and increased community and household resilience.
The Activity supports community wildlife conservancies and protected area management while promoting market-based solutions, including nature-based tourism and other conservation enterprises, to improve stewardship of the natural resources necessary to sustain Uganda’s economic development. Additional cross-cutting activities include promotion of resiliency strategies; inclusion of women, youth, and other marginalized people; private sector engagement; capacity building; and deliberate use of collaborating, learning, and adapting techniques.
The Activity currently has its HQ in Kampala in the upper Kololo areas and 3 regional offices in the landscapes of Lake Mburo, Murchison falls, and Karamoja region (Kitgum, Abim Kaabong and Kareng ) Kidepo Landscape.
The Finance Officer will support the Finance Manager in ensuring that appropriate accounting systems and procedures over payroll, cash management, vendor payments, budgeting and related expenditures are followed to properly disburse, account, budget and report project funds that are cost effective, timely, have proper internal controls and comply with USAID and RTI policies and procedures. The position is based in Kampala.
• Receive invoices and review for accuracy, completeness, and appropriate backup
• Ensure that expenditure is budget supported and appropriate approvals were obtained
• Perform timely tax registration validation for invoices received and WHT tax certificates dissemination
• Process payment vouchers, checks and EFT transfers in a timely manner
• Support expenditure tracking and submit regular reports as per approved workplan budgets
• Follow up with vendors on issuance of payment receipt acknowledgements
• Timely review Mobile Money requests and validate recipient telephone contacts and activity participation
• Maintain a database of bank details for staff, vendors, grantees, subawards and consultants
• Follow up on accounts receivables and ensure timely liquidation of advances for staff.
• Review and analyze vehicle log sheets for hired vehicles and fuel reconciliation for project vehicles against vendor statements.
• Ensure proper hard and soft copy filing of accounting documents and maintain a system of retrieval
• Participate in workplan and budgeting activities and budget tracking
• Participate in financial and compliance review of SIF grantees and other subcontractors as appropriate
• Support preparation of quarterly VAT report for submission to USAID
• Support internal compliance reviews as conducted by RTI and USAID external reviews/Audits.
• Any other duties assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Required Education & Experience
• Relevant field – Business Administration, Commerce, Finance and Administration, Accounting.
• Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years of experience.
• A professional accounting training or a Chartered Accountant/Certified Public Accountant is desirable.
• Minimum of three (3) years’ working experience in the accounting/finance field-donor funded development programs preferred.
• Sound knowledge of US government cost accounting and procurement procedures.
• Working experience for a USAID funded project is desirable.
• Good computer skills in any accounting software (QuickBooks, Oracle, Quicken, Abacus), MS office, Excel
• Must have attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast paced and complex environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team.
• Flexibility to occasionally travel within the project areas of operation.
• Ability to listen and communicate well both verbally and in writing.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.