Health Partners Uganda
Accounting, Auditing & Finance
The Finance Assistant will provide financial support and ensure that the day-to-day finance operations are in total compliance with CONNECT Girls Center Project, HealthPartners Uganda and USAID policies, procedures, and systems.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:2 years
Deadline for this Job: 10 June 2023
Duty Station: Mbarara, Western Uganda.
HEALTHPARTNERS CONNECT GIRLS CENTER PROJECT
HealthPartners Connect Girls Center is a USAID-funded activity to sustainably increase access to care and improve health outcomes for cooperative members in Uganda and Kenya. This is a locally led development initiative with intermediate objectives to improve cooperative business performance; Improve the cooperative enabling environment; and increase the development community’s support to cooperatives. Our role is to build capacity and provide seed investments with support as partners learn to fill roles in local partnerships to meet their needs, even as those needs change over time. HealthPartners coordinates efforts with partners to strengthen the enabling environment for health cooperative development from village to district, national, and international levels.
The Finance Assistant will provide financial support and ensure that the day-to-day finance operations are in total compliance with CONNECT Girls Center Project, HealthPartners Uganda and USAID policies, procedures, and systems. This position reports to the Finance Officer. This is a full-time position based in Mbarara, Uganda.
- Ensure timely processing of funds to Staff and stakeholders.
- Ensure supporting documents for transactions are properly maintained in both soft copy and hard copy shipped to the US.
- All staff follow financial accountability procedures and ensure all accountabilities are fully supported before retirement.
- Initiate payments in Beyonic, bank and QuickBooks and maintain appropriate Beyonic and Bank balance levels.
- HPU Beyonic and vendor expenses tracked and reconciled using QuickBooks are shared with CFO by the end of each month.
- Review and ensure all Beyonic and vendor transactions have completed and accurate supporting documents before scanning and submitting to accountant to uploading to QB to minimize review time.
- Functional HPU assets and purchased materials are available for use by staff Procurement processes follow policies. Conduct quarterly stock taking and prepare supplies procurement report submitted for approval of replenishments. Support the procurement process by ensuring vendors are aware of what needs to be submitted/done to meet the compliance requirements including VAT and withholding tax. Ensure all documents in the procurement package are complete and duly approved by the relevant official.
- Act as backup, take on the duties, and provide support for any other finance and administration roles depending on the volume and complexity of work on hand as requested by the COP /Chief Finance Officer.
- Education - Minimum of a bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Computing, Business Administration or any related field. Level 1 CPA/ACCA will be an added advantage.
- Must have at least 2 years of progressively responsible and directly relevant experience.
- Knowledge of donor funding and financial management experience with USAID or PEPFAR-funded programs will be an added advantage.
- Experience in the application of QuickBooks accounting software.
- Experience with online banking and mobile money management (Beyonic, Yo, etc).
- Excellent Computer skills – MS Excel, MS. Word, Powerpoint and MS. Outlook
- Other Qualities/Attributes: The highest level of honesty and Integrity, Emotional control, Confidentiality and Openness, Team player, Ability to work under mental and physical stress and Empathy, Appropriate degree of assertiveness, Speed, and accuracy.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Full medical and dental benefits are included.
How to apply:
To apply, please share a cover letter, your CV, and 3 references through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Here' section no later than June 10, 2023.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.