Under the supervision of the Regional Lead, the Finance and Grants Officer will provide general support for finance, subcontracts, and grants processes.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:6 years
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Finance and Grants Officer for USAID/Uganda’s Integrated Community, Agriculture, and Nutrition (ICAN) Activity, which aims to sustainably enhance the resilience of vulnerable households by increasing economic opportunities for poor households, improving nutrition with a focus on women and children, and strengthening community and local governance. We are looking for individuals who are committed to exceeding expectations and who strive to improve the lives of people worldwide.
Under the supervision of the Regional Lead, the Finance and Grants Officer will provide general support for finance, subcontracts, and grants processes. This position is based in Kabale, Uganda.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Support the regional team lead in managing finances and processing payments within the Kigezi region.
- Coordinate regional procurements and logistics including handling all travel bookings for staff.
- Take lead in the procurement of all in-kind grant items for the grantees, coordinate delivery, and ensure that all procurements are conducted in accordance with the approved grant agreement and other applicable policies and procedures.
- Support subcontractor/s and grantees to prepare timely periodic financial reports and advance requests.
- Advise and monitor subcontractors' financial management practices to ensure efficient use of ICAN resources.
- Work closely with the sub-contractors Finance team to put in place a consistent- hard copy / electronic filing structure and system for financial information and contracts-related documents.
- Provide capacity building for sub-contractors and grantees in financial and administrative management and help them in implementing their individual capacity building plans.
- Working with the regional technical team to support subcontracts in the budgeting and work planning process.
- With the support of the Regional Lead, coordinate the grant-making process from solicitation to contracting.
- Maintain grants tracking tool to ensure payment requests for grants deliverables submitted are correctly paid. Work with Kampala-based Grants Manager and Accountant to ensure timely disbursement of funds to grantees to avoid disruption to activity implementation.
- Work closely with the Regional Lead to support, monitor, and evaluate grantee performance and provide feedback on grantees’ monthly financial and technical performance as part of the ongoing process to ensure that grants are utilized as per the grant agreement
- Support the grant close-out processes for both subcontracts and in-kind grants
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Minimum degree in Finance/Administration or equivalent, three years of experience in project finance, subcontracts, and grants management support.
- Knowledge of computer software such as Excel, Word. Ability to communicate and liaise verbally and in writing with partners/suppliers/visitors and staff, and interpret/respond clearly and effectively to verbal or written instructions
- Results-oriented, team player and excellent interpersonal skills
High School Diploma + Six years of relevant experience, or Associates Degree + Four years of relevant experience, or Bachelor’s Degree
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.
The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
At Abt Associates, we are committed to creating a lasting culture of equity, diversity and inclusion and recognize that in order to achieve full participation, our practices must be free of prejudice, discrimination, and bias that result in inequitable outcomes. We are actively working to advance equity for everyone, and while we still have much work to do, we know that racial and cultural diversity are an asset to our business and the communities where we live and serve. Our ongoing commitment is focused on creating business practices that advance racial and social equity, investments in community impact programs for the benefit of Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC), and expand upon project work related to racial equity and social justice.
How to apply.
Click on the 'Apply Here' section to be redirected to the application portal.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.