FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
QED is a global consulting firm with more than 20 years of experience providing data-driven and insightful solutions in close to 100 countries. We are passionate about transforming lives through knowledge-based solutions. Leveraging deep expertise in monitoring, evaluation, global health, and learning, we help our clients collect, analyze, visualize, and ultimately use data in more effective ways. Our work maximizes results through the use of cutting-edge technologies and innovation, organizational development, and evidence-based decision-making.
The purpose of the USAID Learning Activity (ULA) is to further strengthen USAID/Uganda performance and improve the performance of its implementing partners, with a focus on collaborating, learning, and adapting, in order to enhance the impact and sustainability of USAID-supported contributions to Uganda’s development. The ULA will achieve this through three objectives:
Collaboration: Strengthened collaboration, both internally and with external stakeholders, enables USAID to better leverage expertise, learning, and resources; and deepens local ownership.
Learning: Systematic learning, through applied research, monitoring, and evaluation, informs and improves the relevance, quality, and cost-effectiveness of programs and operations
Performing: Adaptive management of program implementation and meta-level interventions to improve the quality of USAID program outcomes.
The Finance and Administration Officer is a member of the USAID’s Northern Uganda Development of Enhanced Local Governance, Infrastructure, and Livelihoods (NUDEIL) Project Implementation Team. This position will provide finance, administration, and logistical support in compliance with Government of Uganda policies and the Implementation Letter/Grant Agreement provisions.
Under the overall guidance of the Permanent Secretary and direct supervision of the NUDIEL Focal Person, the Finance and Administration Officer will provide support to the Program by ensuring quick, reliable, and timely financial and administrative support, planning, and reporting.
They will primarily support in managing all finance and administration issues related to the Project; ensure compliance with USAID rules and standard procedures regarding Finance and Administration; act as the point of contact while providing administrative support and managing all day-to-day operations of the program.
- General administrative support to the projects including managing all office-related supplies, stocks, and inquires
- Maintaining project documentation records and proper filing system to ease retrieval
- Maintaining up-to-date project-related material databases
- Maintaining schedules and details of project payment plans and other project-related payments required and their due dates
- Maintaining a project calendar and schedule of meetings and appointments
- Maintaining a schedule of internal and external reporting deadlines, and ensuring that the USAID reporting requirements are fulfilled in a timely manner and that all necessary information required and reports are received from the District Local Governments (DLGs) on time
- Supporting the preparation of DLG and other stakeholder engagements on specific administrative requirements
- Supporting project staff in the preparation and implementation of project evaluations and audits, and assisting in the review and tracking of DLG audits recommendations
- In conjunction with the NUDEIL Focal Person, ensuring that project staff comply with the prescribed administrative systems and requirements for MoLG
- Supporting the organization of project meetings and quarterly programs meetings
- Provide support to the Program Executives with any other related tasks when required
- Preparing project budgets and raising financial requests to USAID
- Ensuring that project expenditures are adequately tracked according to the agreed project budgets
- Developing and maintaining records for tracking expenditure, transfers, and balances
- Preparing in a timely manner accurate financial reports and presentations on revenue, expenditure, and balances as required by the donor, internal monitoring by MoLG and the Joint Management Team for Central Operations
- Coding and maintaining all financial records including invoices, payment vouchers, receipts, etc.
- Reconciling project expenditure with the funds transferred to the MoLG and DLG sub-TSAs on a monthly basis
- Being a key point of contact for implementing LGs on financial and accounting matters
- Providing other support, as requested, to the NUDEIL project team including the DLGs staff in the financial management of the project
Travel and Logistics:
- Providing project logistical support as required – travel and related arrangements;
- Managing the purchase of project equipment according to the GoU procurement procedures;
- Undertaking other duties from time to time as may be required by the NUDEIL Focal Person. Provide support to the Program Executives with any other related tasks when required.
- At least an Honors Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field from a recognized University
- A Master’s Degree in the above-related fields is an added advantage
- At least 10 years working experience in managing donor-funded projects with Government
- Possession of either ACCA or CPA is a must
- Computer knowledge is a must
All applications will be received and Reviewed through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section
Please note that applications submitted by other means; or without either a resume/CV and/or biodata may not be considered. Only finalists will be contacted; no phone calls, please.
A submitted application to QED in response to a position on a bid or proposal indicates your agreement to be included in our submission to the client at least on an illustrative named basis.
The QED Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. AA/V/D. Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.