Position Start: ASAP
Contract: Full-time employee
Reporting to: Regional Manager
Our client is a global leader of "pay-as-you-go" systems.
Since its commercial launch in October 2012, the company has connected more than 700,000 homes in Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda to solar power. In January 2019, extended its pay-as-you-
go solution to smartphones.
The success of the company stems from making products affordable to low-income households on a pay-per-use installment plan. Customers acquire systems for a small deposit and then purchase daily usage "credits". After regular payments, customers own their systems outright and can upgrade to more products.
All revenues are collected in real-time via mobile money systems (such as M-PESA in Kenya). Embedded GSM sensors in each solar system allow the company to monitor real-time performance and regulate usage based upon payment.
employs over 800 full-time staff across East Africa and sells through a network of over 3,000 direct sales agents. We have been recognized for our pioneering business model and scale:
• 2015 Zayed Future Energy Prize winner
• 2013 FT/IFC Excellence in Sustainable Finance Award
• 2014 Bloomberg New Energy Finance awards (top New Energy Pioneer)
• 2017 MIT’s Global 50 Smartest Companies
The role is to recruit, train, coach & manage a team of up to 15 Direct Sales Representatives to meet sales targets of the company products.
The role will involve detailed advanced planning to generate local networks to enable you to deliver current and future sales. The majority of your time will be coaching and working with the DSRs
in the field combined with strengthening local networks of customers while fostering team spirit amongst the DSRs. You will also assist with the resolution of customer needs as they arise. This will be a demanding, yet personally satisfying role as you develop junior members of your team and sell a product that is upgrading people’s lives.
1. Achieve and surpass sales targets of products by developing Local networks.
2. Recruit, train, coach, mentor, supervise and retain a field-based team of Direct Sales Representatives (DSR) to meet the set targets in line with the company business goals.
3. Keenly monitor and evaluate the performance of Direct Sales Representatives to meet sale targets and performance standards.
4. Manage DSR inventory and resolve audit recommendations in line with the company audit resolution guidelines.
5. Uphold the brand values of the company including ensuring the retail point standard and guidelines adhere.
6. Prepare and submit weekly activity plans and reports to the Regional Sales Manager
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• The ideal candidate should hold any relevant Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized institution.
• 2+ year’s management experience in a related sales field, e.g. microfinance or other financial services, mobile money, FMCG, or other product/service in East Africa is added advantage.
• Experience in recruitment and management of commission sales agents.
• Excellent sales and negotiation skills.
• Ability to motivate and lead a team to hit direct sales.
• Excellent communication and people skills.
• Ability to work under minimum supervision with resilience and a “can do’’ attitude.
• Willingness to work in rural areas.
• Must be fluent in local languages.
To apply, send an updated detailed copy of your CV and a cover letter expressing any sales experience you have through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section
Due to the large number of applications received by us, we regret that you will not be contacted unless you are shortlisted for the post and invited for an interview. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the date of the deadline for your application, you should assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.