Impact Water Limited
Community & Social Services
Field Coordinators monitor field service activities for the company. H/she will serve customers by resolving product and service-related challenges, performing on-site services, coordinating technicians, liaising with schools, overseeing logistics and distribution of products by playing a key role in coordinating high-quality and timely installations, maintenance, and repairs, and, ultimately, by ensuring the customer experience is decidedly positive.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:2 years
Job Title: Field Coordinator
Department: Operations Department
Reports to: Operations Manager
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Start Date: As soon as possible
Impact Water is a global social enterprise dedicated to providing safe drinking water to millions of students through the installation and maintenance of water purification systems at schools. We are currently partnered with 2300+ schools across Uganda and 30,000 schools globally, reaching 12m+ students every day with safe drinking water. We aim to reach 10,000 schools in Uganda and 100,000 schools globally by the end of 2025.
Field Coordinators monitor field service activities for the company. H/she will serve customers by resolving product and service-related challenges, performing on-site services, coordinating technicians, liaising with schools, overseeing logistics and distribution of products by playing a key role in coordinating high-quality and timely installations, maintenance, and repairs, and, ultimately, by ensuring the customer experience is decidedly positive. Field Coordinators also maintain accurate records and are responsible for frequent and effective communications with all assigned partner schools. Your role will be entrepreneurial and mission-driven while serving as the main liaison person between technicians, schools, and the company.
As Field Coordinator, you will:
- Implement, coordinate, and supervise day-to-day operational systems and support over 1,100 new UV system installations this year while ensuring cost-effectiveness and high-quality work
- Make frequent visits to schools to conduct supervision of activities like installations, maintenance and repairs, and to assess the quality of field agents' work
- Coordinate, monitor, and evaluate all technicians to ascertain the quality and to ensure they are appropriately using ODK/Taro Works.
- Coordinate receipt and return of work materials to the field agents/technicians and vice versa while ensuring zero fraud
- Maintain and update customer accounts by recording all customer-related account information on Salesforce
- Ensure the maintenance of accurate records of financial transactions of all the field technicians
- Serve as a contact person between the schools and IW to address questions, procedures, and possible problems
- Establishing and maintaining an atmosphere of trust, supportiveness, and openness with the technicians/field agents
- Create and strengthen a consistent usage rate of safe drinking systems by the partner schools through high-quality implementation and service delivery
- Organize and coordinate technician training, coaching, and hiring as the need arises depending on the number of schools per area, developing performance improvement plans, documenting performance concerns, and recommending/providing documentation supporting disciplinary action
- Communicate any arising matters concerning field activities in a timely and effective manner, providing recommended solutions on a continuous basis
- Be the driving force behind the improvement of field operations
- Provide weekly reports on field agents' work and progress
Career Growth and Development
At Impact Water, we have a strong culture of constant learning. You’ll have weekly check-ins with the Operations Manager and regular feedback on your performance. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and make rewarding contributions.
Reporting and Relationships
This position will report to the Operations Manager and will have substantial interaction with the Operations Team and other directors and senior country-level staff. The ability to effectively communicate and coordinate with multiple staff at a variety of levels will be important to the success of this role.
Location and Travel Requirements
- This position will be based in Kampala, Uganda. Frequent domestic travel will be expected across the country.
Experience and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree in any business-related course, with preference to social sector concentrations from a top academic University (the water sector desirable)
- 2-3 years + of managing field agents across a wide geographic zone and/or logistics experience (track record supervising fieldwork in challenging environments)
- Experience in logistics and distribution
- Experience in data collection and data review
- Experience in working in a fast-paced environment
- Highly enthusiastic and a great problem solver
- Grit and determination to get things done
- Strong interpersonal, cross-cultural, active listening, writing, and presentation skills
- Ability to handle conflict both externally and internally; must be constructive, professional, and respectful in all engagements
- High levels of integrity
- Experience using CRM software such as salesforce and mobile data collection forms such as Taroworks/ODK is a plus
- Positive attitude and desire to grow professionally and assume higher levels of responsibility over time
Compensation: Compensation is highly competitive and includes relevant benefits for qualified candidates.
How to apply:
All applications will be received and Reviewed through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Here' section
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.