ORGANISATION: PICFARE INDUSTRIES LIMITED
DUTY STATION: NWOYA, Uganda
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Picfare Industries Limited (the Group) is a family owned business that is involved in multiple activities that entail among others textile and garment manufacturing, Paper and Paper Products manufacture, Printing Services provision, Real estate development and management, Clearing and Forwarding, Trading, Technology solutions provision, Agriculture, Hospitality and Infrastructure development.
Picfare industries limited is seeking to recruit a farm manager to oversee activities at the farm located in Nwoya district.
We are searching for a Farm Manager with good business sense to join our team. You should be able to maintain professional networks and keep abreast of developments in agricultural science. This will include playing a leading role in internal and external project reporting, financial management, partner management, monitoring and evaluation of the project activities, outputs and impacts, and ensuring that all stakeholders at the project area are fully engaged.
The post-holder will be based in Nwoya district at the farm.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for planning, supervising and implementing farm plans
· Responsible for all field operations which include ploughing, planting, weeding and harvesting of crops
· Planning for resources required on the farm
· Develop budgets for owners
· Supervising labor on the farm for various field activities
· Assisting scientists to set up their experiment
· Keeping proper farm inventories and farm records
· Ensuring proper maintenance of buildings, machinery and other resources
· Ensuring proper storage and sale of excess of farm produce
· Monitoring and inspecting cultivated fields to determine maturity of crops and to estimate potential yields or crop damage from the weather, pests or disease.
· Carrying out any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Director.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
· The applicant should hold a Master's degree plus a bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, agribusiness or equivalent
· 8 years working experience in related Field of farm management or running a profitable agricultural business Enterprise.
· Proven experience in dealing with high value field crops (A must).
· Courses in project planning and management preferred.
· Good understanding and knowledge of farming principles, techniques, methods and systems
· Demonstrated ability, experience and skills to organize and supervise farm workers and achieve results
· Good in use of farming machines and electric equipment
· Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
· The ability to make decisions in stressful environments.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Willingness to work overtime as required with minimum supervision.
KEY REQUIRED SKILLS
● Good communication
● Analytical skills
● Commercial awareness
● IT skills
● Marketing and sales skills
● Teamwork and leadership
METHOD OF APPLICATION
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their detailed CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline is 3 weeks from the date of this advertisement.