Business Function: Administration
Reports to: CEO
Our Client comprises a portfolio of businesses focused on structural growth markets. The business helps individuals to de-risk their lives and deal with their biggest financial concerns through life insurance. One of the longest standing and most successful global insurers in the world with over 20 million life customers, +24,000 employees, and £56billion of assets under management as of 30th June 2019, They have been providing financial security to customers since 1848 and it’s one of the oldest insurers in the world, with 171 continuous years of providing financial services.
The Client provides protection and savings opportunities to customers, social and economic benefits to the communities in which it operates, jobs and opportunities to its employees, and financial benefits for its investors. By offering security, pooling savings, and making investments, they help to maintain the cycle of growth. The company’s strategy is designed to create sustainable economic value for its customers and shareholders.
The company continues to develop its businesses in new markets in Africa, building on the success of its other regional models, particularly in Asia. Currently, the company has a footprint in eight countries: Uganda, Kenya, Zambia, Ghana, Nigeria, Cameroon, Cote d’ Ivoire, and Togo.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Executive Assistant will be responsible for
providing support to the CEO, provide administrative support including proactive diary management
and effective coordination of activities.
He /She will be accountable for a broad range of activities from basic administrative tasks to problem
solving and query handling through to contributing to projects within the CEO’s office.
• Act as a focal point for the CEO, judge the priorities and proactively work with the many
conflicting demands of the office.
• Responsible for managing the CEO’s diary, organizing internal and external meetings.
• Offer logistical support in arranging for travel and visa applications
• Manage inbound and outbound calls ascertaining that no communication is missed.
• Create and maintain any filing and database systems carrying out regular reviews and ensure
accuracy and efficiency.
• Assist in coordinating office projects and activities as appropriate for the CEO i.e
communication support and administration and operational activities
• Run reports as required and assist with the administration and coordination of departmental
• Manage all stationary requirements and ensure the CEO’s office is adequately catered for.
• Perform general administrative tasks i.e printing, emailing, photocopying, etc
• Perform any other duties as may be required by management.
Core Competences Required:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Secretarial Studies or equivalent from a recognized University
• 2-3 years working experience in a similar role.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and activities.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent planning & organizational skills
• Excellent computer skills especially using Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
• Analytical and presentational skills
• Flexibility and ability to prioritize tasks and activities.
• Ability to successfully work in a high-activity, fast-paced environment.
• Positive attitude, attention to detail, and customer-oriented with good multitasking and organizational ability.
• Ability to work well with others.
• Knowledge and Experience in managing projects.
All applications will be received and Reviewed through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section