Position: Environmental and Quality Officer Position/Task Grade: C2 Area of specialization: To execute environmental management activities within the designated area of the business. Department: Risk Department Business Unit: Eskom Uganda Limited Location: Nalubaale & Kiira Power Station Reference Number: QE/2022/11/01
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
• Provide support in implementing and executing the implementation of an ISO 14001 environment Management System and related procedures.
• Provide support in implementing and executing the ISO 9001 Quality Management System and related procedures.
• Ensure compliance to legislative and governance requirements of the designated area of the business through the implementation of compliance measures.
• Execute the process of obtaining Environmental approvals.
• Implement and monitor environmental management plans.
• Perform environmental incident investigations.
Minimum Requirements Qualification(s):
• Bachelors’ Degree in Environmental Engineering/ Science
• Post qualification experience in environment and quality management
• 3 years of practical and related work experience.
• Strong drive to learn
• Be results and delivery focused
• Be able to work as part of a team
• Safety consciousness
• Strong communication skills
• Entrepreneurial mind-set and Self-starter
• Conflict resolution
• Ability to deliver on expectations
• EMS (ISO 14001) and QMS (ISO 9001)
• Quality assurance
• Business Management Systems
• Environmental Impact Assessments
• Approval process for statutory environmental approvals (e.g. Environmental Authorization, waste management, Environmental Impact Assessments)
• Environmental risk and due-diligence assessments
• Environmental law and Environmental auditing
• Environmental incident investigations
• Communication skills and Presentation skills
• Diversity management
• Analytical and logical thinking
• Attention to detail
• Conflict resolution and negotiation skills
• Practical demonstrations of the ability to interact and mobilise stakeholders
• Knowledge of Eskom business policies and procedures
• Knowledge of environmental statutory requirements
• Multi-disciplinary problem solving
• Ability to write effective and professional reports
• Attention to details
• Strong business acumen
• Case study presentation
• Psychometric assessment
How to Apply:
Applications must be submitted electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application should be in one PDF document.
If you have not been contacted within 28 days after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.