Progressive Health Partnership
Management & Business Development
The Enterprise Manager will oversee the finances and administration of PHP’s existing operations while also spearheading the launch of a new social enterprise to generate revenue for PHP. The Enterprise Manager should have a start-up mentality, with the ability to quickly learn new skills, and should be prepared for intense work hours.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:2 years
Background: PHP applies a scientific, systems-based approach toward improving the health of marginalized populations. With a focus on governance and a commitment to community partnership, the organization has implemented several major health programs since its founding. As PHP now seeks to take its work to the next level, the organization intends to launch a revenue-generating arm to help sustain its programs.
Job Description: The Enterprise Manager will have managerial responsibilities related to both PHP’s existing operations and PHP’s new plans for a social enterprise. Specifically, the Enterprise Manager will be responsible for three major domains of work:
1. Developing and spearheading a new social enterprise to generate revenue for PHP’s long-term sustainability.
2. Keeping the organization’s books and overseeing its financial management.
3. Helping to oversee the administration of the organization.
Given the above responsibilities, this position requires a versatile, hard-working, independently driven individual who is able to simultaneously manage multiple complex tasks within a small but growing organization. The Enterprise Manager should have a start-up mentality, with the ability to quickly learn new skills, and should be prepared for intense work hours.
• Develop a comprehensive business proposal for a new revenue-generating enterprise of PHP.
• Launch the social enterprise and oversee its operations, including marketing, personnel, and reinvestment.
• Communicate the enterprise activities to key stakeholders through both written and verbal media.
• Maintain clear, comprehensive, and accurate accounting records for all of the organization’s finances.
• Prepare quarterly and annual income statements, balance sheets, and budgets.
• Manage the organization’s payroll, including payroll taxes.
• Carry out procurement activities with the organization’s suppliers.
• File all necessary tax returns with the Uganda Revenue Authority.
• Provide assistance in human resource management.
• Help to carry out clerical work, including tasks to support the organization’s compliance with government regulations.
Time Period: The Enterprise Manager will first be given a contract of 6 months, with plans of long-term contract renewal based on performance. After an initial investment period, the Enterprise Manager will be expected to generate enough revenue for the organization to cover his/her own salary (and more).
Minimum Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, finance, or similar field. Any level of CPA training is an added advantage. Exposure to the health and development field is also beneficial.
Experience Requirements: Candidates should have a minimum of 2 years experience as a financial administrator, business manager, or similar. Prior experience in either the non-profit (NGO) sector or business sector is welcome.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Advanced proficiency in accounting software such as QuickBooks.
• In-depth knowledge of financial controls and accounting standards.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Superb organizational and time management abilities.
• Great collaboration and communication skills.
• Innovative thinking and an entrepreneurial attitude.
• Ability to learn new skills quickly and as necessary.
Living Requirements: The Enterprise Manager will primarily be based in Mbarara City but may at times have assignments in different regions of Uganda.
How to apply:
All applications will be received and Reviewed through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Here' section
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.