Deadline of this Job:
22 August 2021
Energy and Environment Assistant to Yumbe
Dan Church Aid (DCA) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Environment and Energy Assistant in Yumbe, West Nile - Uganda.
Working under the leadership of Energy and Environment Officer, the Energy and Environment Assistant will ensure the implementation of all the Energy and Environment interventions in the areas of operations. He / She is responsible for the roll out and implementation of project activities and facilitate quality impact - focused interventions. He / She will be responsible for the development, ongoing support and daily technical backstopping of all Energy and Environment activities under DCA in Yumbe. He / She will work closely with all team members, partners, Counterparts and Stakeholders in ensuring project outputs are of the highest quality and that expected results are achieved in a timely and efficient manner.
Position Responsibilities and Duties.
• Together with the Energy & Environment Officer, resolve issues and making decisions regarding criteria for identification, Selection, Verification and Graduation of Beneficiaries targeted for the Energy and Environment Project.
• Participate in assessments to identify gaps & opportunities to strengthen & expand environment interventions in Yumbe.
• Responsible for the establishment of woodlots in the area of operation and maintaining the existing woodlots.
• Support in the designing of appropriate interventions to Yumbe context to improve Charcoal production such as deployment of improved production technologies, switch to alternative sources of biomass, and Re-afforestation program.
• Supervising the Construction of energy saving stoves at household and institutional levels.
• Work closely to refugees, local communities, Office of the Prime minister (OPM), donors and other Stakeholders in implementing all the planned activities.
• Closely follow-up on day-to-day implementation of energy and environment project activities and take corrective action to achieve key result indicators and goals as specified in the work plan.
• Ensure that the project beneficiaries i.e Refugee and host communities are participating as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of the project.
• Conducting environmental awareness campaigns and collect lessons learned, best practices, case studies and support knowledge management.
• Prepare timely activity, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
• Prepare and submit weekly work plan to the supervisor.
• Participate in assessments, surveys and other monitoring and evaluation plus the project reporting needs.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements
• Bachelor's degree in Renewable energy, environmental Science and natural resources, forestry or a degree in a related field with commensurate work Experience.
• Three year working experience in the related field.
• Knowledge and experience in agriculture, forestry, renewable energy and energy saving practices, or income generating activities.
• Excellent interpersonal, Communication, public speaking and strategic planning skills required.
• Should have good written and spoken English, fluency in Lugbara /Aringa, Kakwa, and Madi is an added advantage.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines and tasks efficiently.
• Experience in working with the humanitarian sector is desirable.
• Must have know how to ride with a valid ridding permit.
DCA's Uganda Program:
DCA has supported development and humanitarian programs in Uganda since 1979, working in partnership with local partners. DCA is a member of the ACT Alliance. Our key competencies in Uganda are in livelihoods and food security, Humanitarian response and Civil Society. For more information Please visit: https://www.danchurchaid.org/where-we-work/uganda.