Position Designation: EHS Officer
Reports to : Direct: Operations Manager
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
- EHS Officer is designing, develop and implementing all environment Health and safety programs and activities and ensuring they are handled effectively throughout the company.
- Promote a safe working culture amongst personnel through EHS awareness, promotion, and training.
- Design, Developdevelop and implement all Environment, Health, and Safety programs and activities including written programs, training, auditing and drills, hygiene monitoring, and Ergonomic evaluations.
- Carry out Risk assessments / Job safety analysis for all the various tasks/ activities performed at the Plant.
- Carry out accident / Incident reporting & investigation at the Plant for all incidents/ accidents to staff, contractors, and visitors on-site and ensure all corrective and preventive actions are implemented.
- Conduct safety inductions, training, and scheduled drills for all the personnel visitors, and contractors.
- Ensure Plant Inspections are carried out for all key sections in the Plant. 6. Ensure the Plant complies with all EHS statutory requirements.
- Coordinates with all departments on the application of a ‘Permit To Work System’ for all activities requiring work permits
- Initiate EHS improvement activities and supervise the implementation
- Work closely with Production teams to develop safety processes and procedures. 8.10. Develop and manage training matrix for annual safety and compliance training
- Manage record keeping of all requisite Occupational Safety and Health and hazardous material permits
- Partnering with Human Resource on case management and serving as point of contact for all Environment, Health and Safety matters with agencies and inspectors
- Any other duties may be assigned by management.
- Compliance with SOPS and closure of identified risk areas.
- Ensuring that the company implements Environment Management system (ISO 14001) and Quality Management certification (ISO 9001)
- Management of the section budget (specific to the role) as approved in line with the BPP. PROCUREMENT RESPONSIBILITY
- Procurement of items (specific to the role) as approved in line with the budget WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Good working environment with less ergonomic Risk
- Minimum academic qualification: A degree in Industrial Chemistry/Engineering.
- Basic training in OHS, Lead auditors training in ISO 14001 and ISO 45001
- General work experience (years): A minimum of 7 years experience preferably in with good knowledge of the Manufacturing Industry, the steel industry is an added advantage
- Risk management.
- Environmental compliance.
- Knowledge of EHS regulations.
- Computer skills, Leadership skills, Communication skills.
- Strong work ethics and personal integrity
- Highly motivated and creative
- High energy, positive and inspiring
- Confident, self-assured, participative style
- Working under minimum supervision.
All applications will be received and Reviewed through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section