Job Summary: The Driver will provide reliable and safe driving services to Pathfinder International staff and authorized visitors, and delivery of assigned cargo.
- Minimum Qualification:Highschool
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
Pathfinder International is implementing a five-year Family Planning Activity (FPA) by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). As a lead implementing agency, Pathfinder with partners will play a catalytic role in increasing access to modern contraception and reducing the unmet need for voluntary family planning services in Uganda.
Pathfinder has offices in Kampala, Hoima and Kabarole. We are currently seeking a highly motivated individuals for the following position:
Based in: Kampala/Hoima
Job Summary: The Driver will provide reliable and safe driving services to Pathfinder International staff and authorized visitors, and delivery of assigned cargo. The Driver will primarily be responsible for, but not limited to, driving assigned vehicles, safe transport of authorized personnel, delivery and collection of documents and cargo, and working knowledge of vehicle security. S/he ensures the highest standards of discretion and overall safety and well-being of passengers, demonstrating courtesy and confidentiality across all PI staff and partners.
- Provision of reliable and secure driving services by: driving office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items; and meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport, visa and customs formalities arrangement when required.
- Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle by accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
- Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
- Ensure availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, sanitizers and necessary spare parts.
- Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
- Minimum Ordinary Level Certificate; A- Level Certificate is an added advantage.
- Valid driver's license with classes 'A, B & DL'.
- Minimum of Five years' driving experience preferably with NGOs.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently.
- Flexible and able to work in a dynamic and diverse environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, excellent Microsoft word and Microsoft excel skills.
- Language Skills: Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
How to apply:
Candidates who meet the above requirements should send a cover letter and a detailed CV indicating the job title in the subject line to the Human Resources Manager-USAID/Uganda Family Planning Activity(FPA), indicating expected gross salary, telephone contacts and three of the most recent referees; preferably supervisors to firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.