Under the supervision of the Field Operations Officer, the position is to drive, maintain, and manage the project vehicle for the USAID/Uganda Biodiversity for Resilience (B4R) Activity within the allocated project scope
- Minimum Qualification:Highschool
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID)/Uganda Biodiversity for Resilience (B4R) Activity (2020-2025) provides technical assistance to communities, the government of Uganda, and the private sector, to conserve and manage biodiversity in target ecosystems for lasting environmental and economic sustainability and increased community and household resilience.
The Activity supports community wildlife conservancies and protected area management while promoting market-based solutions, including nature-based tourism and other conservation enterprises, to improve stewardship of the natural resources necessary to sustain Uganda’s economic development. Additional cross-cutting activities include promotion of resiliency strategies; inclusion of women, youth, and other marginalized people; private sector engagement; capacity building; and deliberate use of collaborating, learning, and adapting techniques.
The Activity currently has its HQ in Kampala in the upper Kololo areas and 3 regional offices in the landscapes of Lake Mburo, Murchison falls, and Karamoja region (Kitgum, Abim Kaabong and Kareng ) Kidepo Landscape.
Under the supervision of the Field Operations Officer, the position is to drive, maintain, and manage the project vehicle for the USAID/Uganda Biodiversity for Resilience (B4R) Activity within the allocated project scope. The position is based in Karenge district.
• Drive the project vehicles with strict adherence to local traffic laws and in accordance with project rules and regulations pertaining to vehicles.
• Transport project staff and materials in Greater Kidepo Valley Landscape and the regions of operation.
• Maintain the vehicle in a satisfactory condition, including weekly cleaning of the interior and exterior and periodic (quarterly) cleaning of the motor and chassis.
• Ensure that tires are in good working conditions at all time, and that spare tire is in good condition.
• Ensure that vehicle usage log is updated daily and submitted on a monthly basis.
• Ensure that fuel consumption report is submitted as required.
• Ensure regular maintenance of the vehicle, and that fluids (water, oil, fuel, washer liquid, etc.) levels are at required levels.
• Report any apparent malfunction to the supervisor.
• Report any damage or accident to the supervisor immediately.
• Ensure that the vehicle is safely parked and locked when not in use.
• Carry out project errands as required
Minimum Required Education & Experience
• Secondary schooling desirable
• 5 years of experience in driving a project vehicle, preferably for a USAID or other donor project
• Valid driver’s license in good standing
• Defensive driving certificate will be a plus
• Familiar with the Karamoja region territory
• Knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repairs.
• Knowledge of radio, email, telephone and other applications.
• Trustworthy, high sense of responsibility, alertness; physical fitness on duty, emotional stability, neat and courteous.
• Good knowledge of the Project activity areas and the current conditions of roads and highways.
• Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with people of different national and cultural backgrounds/temperaments.
• Flexibility to fit into often changing priorities
• Ability to fluently communicate in English both verbally and written.
• Knowledge of the local language is also required.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.