The Driver in the UNHCR Office is normally supervised directly by the Administrative Officer/Associate/Assistant or another staff member when the scale of the Operation so require it. Besides driving, the incumbent is responsible for up keep and maintenance of the assigned UNHCR vehicle(s) as per technical guidance and specifications established by the Organisation. S/he is required to follow strict instructions and security guidance provided by the supervisor. While the basic function of a driver is to drive the official vehicles of UNHCR, s/he may be called upon to perform minor maintenance and repair of UNHCR vehicles. The Driver has regular contacts with staff within the UNHCR Office and with others (including Partners, government authorities, etc.) outside UNHCR involving a limited exchange of information. All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- Minimum Qualification:Highschool
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:No Experience/Less than 1 year
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Drive UNHCR vehicles for the transport of authorized passengers, deliver, and collect documents and other items.
• Meet official personnel at airports or other locations and facilitate immigration and customs formalities as required.
• Perform day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicles; check oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc. and ensure that the assigned UNHCR vehicles are road or waterway worthy and maintained up to the established security standards.
• Perform minor repairs, arrange for other repairs, and ensure that the vehicle is kept clean.
• Ensure that the steps required by rules and regulations, or other local procedures, are taken in case of involvement in an accident.
• Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc.
• Ensure that instructions and security guidance provided by the supervisor and security focal point are strictly followed.
• Ensures valid documentation for passengers, items or cargo in vehicle.
• Perform other related duties as required.
Years of Experience / Degree Level
• For G2D - 2 years relevant experience with Completion of Primary Education or High School Diploma or higher
Certificates and/or Licenses
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
Driving licence, knowledge of driving rules and regulations.
* DV-Driving Rules and Regulations
DV - Basic Vehicle Mechanical Skills;
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
• For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
• For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
• For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
How to Apply:
Click on the 'Apply Here' section to be redirected to the application portal.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.