PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
We are seeking to hire a driven Direct Sales Representative to conduct direct sales and promotions on behalf of the company. The candidate’s role includes direct selling, researching competing products, identifying opportunities to increase sales, and assisting in the development and execution of sales and marketing plans. You should also be able to answer customers’ questions regarding product pricing, availability, features, and benefits.
To be successful, you should demonstrate strong negotiation skills and convince customers to purchase company products. Ultimately, a top-performing direct sales representative should achieve exceptional customer service and ensure that purchased products are delivered to customers in a timely manner.
The Job Location is Mbale.
The Direct Sales Representative reports to the Territory supervisor, maintains daily sales records, and attends sales meetings and workshops.
- Meeting or exceeding Daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly sales quotas. ∙ Move to assigned territories to present company products to potential customers. ∙ Demonstrating product features to customers.
- Contacting leads and setting up appointments to present company products. ∙ Attending trade shows and other industry-related events.
- Preparing sales proposals for potential buyers.
- Completing regular sales reports specifying the number of sales made.
- Ensure that an accurate record of the inventory is kept at specific sales points ∙ Elevate complaints to management.
- Provide recommendations based on customer’s stated preferences, needs and desires ∙ Straighten, arrange, stock and dust off products, maintain shelving areas as directed by management, and participate in the designing of displays in windows and on tables ∙ Handle refunds, returns, and exchanges with a focus on timeliness and customer service ∙ Receiving, processing, and organizing deliveries accordingly.
- Assist with special projects as may be required
The Direct Sales Representative will earn an entry monthly facilitation of 500,000ugx for the next three probationary months and a Daily Subsistence Allowance of 5,000ugx. Terms and Conditions apply as stipulated in the appointment letter.
- Transport refund in case candidate is not selected
- Accommodation for the 3 training days
- Resettlement allowance for one month for candidates relocating from distant locations
- Other benefits come with performance and the length of working with the company.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Friendly, outgoing demeanor with a strong commitment to customer service.
- Ability to express oneself clearly and persuasively when making sales.
- Calm, professional demeanor even when confronted by discourteous customers.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 20 kilograms.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Basic mathematic skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Prior experience in Direct sales.
- The incumbent must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- High school diploma or UACE.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business administration, or related field is advantageous.
- Proven sales experience, at least 2 years of direct sales.
- The ability to retain important information.
- Not getting bored easily and too patient
BYEFFE FOODS JOB DESCRIPTION
The Officer will have to spend long hours standing and talking to customers which can cause muscle strain. They may also have to do some light lifting of products from time to time.
The Officer may have to manage a number of projects at one time and maybe interrupted frequently to meet the needs and requests of customers and the office. The Officer may find the environment to be busy, noisy and will need excellent organizational, time, and stress management skills to complete the required tasks.
Sensory demands include the use of the computer, which may cause eyestrain and occasional headaches. The Byeffe Foods office may be noisy and busy making it difficult for the Officer to concentrate.
The Officer will have to manage a number of requests and situations at one time. Stress may be caused by the need to complete tasks within tight deadlines.
All applications will be received and Reviewed through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section