Digital Learning Inspirator
[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Management ]
Deadline of this Job:
26 June 2020
Within Uganda , Apac , East Africa
Date Posted: Saturday, June 20, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ActionAid is an International Development Agency working in over 50 countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Caribbean. ActionAid’s mission is to work with the poor and the excluded people in the world to eradicate poverty by overcoming the injustices and the inequity that cause it.
ActionAid Uganda (AAU), a National Development Organization registered under the laws of Uganda and with a local Board seeks to recruit suitably qualified, self-driven, result-oriented, and competent person to fill the position of; Digital Learning Inspirator – Global Platform Uganda.
Job Title: Digital Learning Inspirator
Reports to: Manager of Global Platform Uganda
Responsible for : None
Contract Period: 6 Months
Salary +Benefits : Ugx 1,300,000 Gross Monthly; Medical Insurance
Key Result Areas and Activity
1.10 trainings on the use of digital platforms in networking, advocacy and campaigning activities, including media advocacy to hold duty bearers and leaders on accountability
• Provide continuous and connected hands on capacity building technical support to young people, Youth groups and Activista in advocacy using digital platforms to reach wide audience.
2.10 Online COVID19 related information and awareness raising initiatives completed
• Support the development of online alternative messaging on preventive measures for communities without access to running water and soap
3. Information from Ministry of health and other government agencies shared on social media pages
• Support the Sharing of information on available public services related to covid-19
4.20 messages developed and disseminated through online platforms
• Support the Use of social media to reach out to people and increase awareness about the transmission of coronavirus and protective measures
5.70 social media posters, videos and infographics developed and shared.
• Develop and share social media posters, videos, infographics and social behavioral change communication
• University Degree in Development Studies, Social Sciences, or equivalent from a recognized institution; a post graduate qualification in any of the above disciplines will be an added advantage
• At least 1-2 years of relevant working experience from a recognized institution, preferably an NGO
• Planning and Budgeting skills; Capacity building skills; Good Communication and Interpersonal Skills; Community mobilization and facilitation skills; Team player; Confidence, openness and willingness to learn; Self-driven; Ability to work in a community setting
Job application procedure
Applications should be strictly sent by email to Vacancies.Uganda@actionaid.org clearly addressed to The Director Human Resource/Organizational Effectiveness, ActionAid Uganda, not later than Friday 26th June 2020 by 1:00 PM. We will respond to ONLY shortlisted candidates. Whilst all applications will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, qualified WOMEN are especially encouraged to apply. ActionAid International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.