Digital Experience Senior Specialist
Marketing & Communications
You will be maintaining and improving wikimediafoundation.org, with a focus on leveraging the website to reach and engage key global audiences — including donors, partners, volunteers, site visitors, and advocates — with the Foundation’s mission and work.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:6 years
The Wikimedia Foundation is looking for a Digital Experience Senior Specialist to join our team, reporting to the Senior Manager of Integrated Marketing.
This individual contributor role requires a mix of technical and project management expertise, as well as an ability to build collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders, solve problems quickly and creatively, and balance multiple assignments at the same time.
As the Digital Experience Senior Specialist, you will lead with a digital-first mindset for audience engagement, developing and executing a strategy for the effective and efficient promotion of Wikimedia brands through our website, and online channels, including e-mail. You will serve as a strategist and advisor on all websites owned and operated by the Wikimedia Foundation, primarily the Foundation’s public website, wikimediafoundation.org. (Please note that this role is not responsible for the management of Wikipedia and other free knowledge Wikimedia projects.)
You will be maintaining and improving wikimediafoundation.org, with a focus on leveraging the website to reach and engage key global audiences — including donors, partners, volunteers, site visitors, and advocates — with the Foundation’s mission and work. Further, you will lead efforts to unify our approach for maintaining the web channels operated by the Foundation for external communications, streamlining and improving our processes.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing, maintaining, and enhancing wikimediafoundation.org
- Assisting in the development of the yearly roadmap and strategic vision for wikimediafoundation.org, the Foundation’s public website, aligned with the Communications’ department objectives.
- Serving as the main point of contact for all Foundation website updates (for example, standing up new web pages, or tweaking existing content), including during time-sensitive situations.
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders on design, technical, and editorial tasks for the creation or updating of web content.
- Monitoring and ensuring website usability, health, performance, and security.
- Troubleshooting as needed, identifying and solving issues through positive collaboration with colleagues and vendors.
- Creating and maintaining documentation about website practices.
- Leading special website and online projects
- Driving web-related projects, which may include a refresh of the content on the wikimediafoundation.org homepage, microsite integrations, new page developments for a campaign, and feature enhancements.
- Managing web-focused projects from conceptualization to implementation, including: closely coordinating with colleagues and vendors for editorial content, design, and technical support; overseeing project timing and costs; proactively identifying project needs and solutions; and ensuring successful execution.
- Managing external partner agencies for the development of web pages and promotional assets supporting external-facing communications campaigns through web/online channels.
- Overseeing the optimization of email channels to drive reach and engagement, ensuring a coordinated approach with other business units, the Wikimedia community, and external stakeholders as needed.
- Overseeing (as budget allows) SEO strategy for the websites owned and operated by the Wikimedia Foundation.
- Serving as a strategic advisor on Foundation web channels
- Staying informed of emerging trends, technologies and industry best practices, and monitoring content activities of competitor websites.
- Developing a unified approach for the strategy and maintenance of all web channels owned by the Wikimedia Foundation, with a focus on streamlining resources, improving processes, and achieving impact.
- Providing subject matter expertise for all initiatives related to wikimediafoundation.org and other Foundation-owned websites.
- Fostering relationships with internal stakeholders, helping raise awareness and understanding of our website best practices and processes.
- Identifying ways to advance our commitments to diversity, equity, and belonging within Foundation-owned websites.
- Guiding decisions on web standards, compliance, and improvements.
- Producing regular metrics reports and sharing insights to evaluate our impact and guide our strategy.
- Ensuring adherence to Wikimedia brand guidelines in all web channels.
- Overseeing website resourcing
- Managing relationships with external web vendors, and collaborating with vendor strategists, business analysts, UI/UX designers, and front and backend developers to improve and expand the Foundation’s websites.
- Monitoring and controlling the Wikimedia Foundation’s website budget to ensure adherence to plan and ROI optimization.
- Making recommendations on how to prioritize projects.
- Proactively identifying website opportunities and resource needs.
Skills and Experience:
- 6+ years experience in website management
- Experience and thorough understanding of WordPress, HTML, and CSS
- Knowledge of Google Analytics.
- Track record of successfully leading complex web projects in a multi stakeholder environment
- An understanding of and passion for the web as a strategic communications channel
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Experience managing external web vendors
- Ability to resolve a wide range of challenges in creative ways
Additionally, we would love it if you have:
- Experience with MediaWiki, Phabricator, GitHub, GitLab, and JSON
- Experience with multilingual website environments and audiences
- Familiarity with analytical and database tools (e.g., HubSpot, MailChimp).
- Familiarity with managing website budgets
- The ability to speak other languages, experience living or working outside the United States, or past work on global digital initiatives
- Experience working on a global team with diverse demographic and cultural characteristics
Qualities that are important to us:
- Being open, curious, and inquiring in our work
- Being reliable, self-motivated, and detail-oriented
- Building a work environment that values and embraces diversity, equity, and belonging
- Resilience — we work on new and interesting challenges in public and collaborative ways. We work together for outcomes, and are willing to change course as needed
- Sharing a culture of constructive criticism and respect
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.