You will be the primary engineer working alongside Buffer’s Marketing team. In this role, you’ll directly assist the team with increasing signups, creating a strong brand, and launching new product features.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
At Buffer, we make a simple toolkit for creators, entrepreneurs, and small businesses looking to grow their audiences, in the form social media and brand-building software. Our mission is to provide essential tools to help small businesses get off the ground and grow. Through exceptional customer service and uplifting content, we help our customers believe they can succeed and do good along the way.
We’re a fully distributed team, and we’ve always aimed to do things a little differently at Buffer. Since the early days, we’ve had a focus on building one of the most unique and fulfilling workplaces by rethinking a lot of traditional practices. We also default to transparency, so you can read all about our successes and failures along the way on our Open Blog.
Our team is made up of amazing individuals who hail from startups to the theater from all over the world - we value diverse and non-traditional backgrounds and encourage all those who are interested in joining the journey to apply.
We're united by Buffer's values, and we celebrate our unique differences. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment and are building a culture where underrepresented groups are welcome and can flourish.
You will be the primary engineer working alongside Buffer’s Marketing team. In this role, you’ll directly assist the team with increasing signups, creating a strong brand, and launching new product features. This is a small and agile team within Buffer that works on various projects simultaneously and where members of the team are trusted to manage their own time and schedules.
As the Design Engineer:
You will build delightful user experiences on our website through polished pages, unique interfaces, and tasteful animations.
- You will write and ship high-quality, tested, and efficient code that contributes to Buffer’s goals
- You will work closely with marketing leadership, designers, and customer advocates to understand the needs of our web visitors and assess the feasibility of various solutions to address these needs.
- You will contribute to our front-end engineering standards to improve the consistency and quality of our Marketing codebases and processes.
- You will instrument data tracking on the features you develop to help analyze user acquisition, usage, and adoption after release.
Working at Buffer is collaborative and positive thanks to our core values. We try to be “No Ego Doers” who are aware of our assumptions, and joining us means you'll work together as a team in order to test and confirm our ideas.
This role sits on the Marketing team, where you’ll be the primary engineer. You’ll collaborate on a variety of Brand, Growth and Product Marketing projects with our full Marketing team. You’ll partner closely with our Marketing UX Designer to build web and mobile experiences that help people learn about and sign up for Buffer.
Create delightful user experiences on buffer.com that attract, engage, and convert website visitors, in collaboration with UX design.
Contribute to the design of buffer.com through prototyping ideas, creating new performant components, and crafting unique animations and experiences. We want you to bring our pages to the next level! ✨
Lead the technical roadmap for buffer.com; championing iterative improvements to our site’s browser performance, accessibility, and usability.
Contribute to our marketing design system by creating new components to our front-end library on web and mobile responsive web.
Collaborate with Marketing to build various landing pages to support our product launches, growth experiments, and Open Hub that capture Buffer’s product, culture, and brand.
Support our experimentation roadmap by implementing conversion rate optimization tests on buffer.com, while contributing technical improvements to our web experiment process.
Support the implementation of various tools that power the marketing team, including Ghost, Prismic, and Google Tag Manager. Our technical stack consists mainly of Next.js and Typescript.
- You bring experience in a similar role(s) where you have obsessed over the details and strived for pixel perfection with your web and mobile experience.
- You are passionate about writing simple, maintainable, tested code, and you take a balanced approach to engineering.
- You have strong communication and collaboration skills and enjoy sharing knowledge with your teammates.
- You have experience with front-end frameworks like Next.js, performance best practices, and using Typescript as your main driver.
- We value the depth and quality of your experience over counting years. That said, successful applicants typically have at least 5 years of development experience.
- You are comfortable in a high-velocity testing environment and can contribute to testing ideation and workflows.
- You are comfortable working with Figma, CMS platforms like Ghost and Prismic, and web tracking software (Google Tag Manager, Segment, etc).
- You have closely collaborated with folks from Marketing and Design in previous roles.
- Bonus: If you have engineering experience supporting search engine optimization, web experimentation, and web tracking projects.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.