Company: Kikagati Power Company Limited
Reporting to the Plant Manager of Kikagati Power Company Limited, the Deputy Plant Manager will reside at the Kikagati site in Kikagati Isingiro District. In this position, the Deputy Plant Manager will provide leadership to and effectively manage the plant staff. The Deputy Plant Manager will ensure that efficient management is achieved.
The Deputy Plant Manager will, in coordination and cooperation with the plant’s personnel, oversee environmental and regulatory compliance, perform technical evaluations of plant operations and performance, establish CMMS and reporting systems, inventory control, preparation and monitoring of project budgets, develop procedures and instruction, develop and evaluate solutions to optimize operating performance and assist the entire team in achieving superior business results.
• Overall responsibility for Operations and Maintenance works for Kikagati Power.
• Potential support to other plants within the Berkeley Energy portfolio.
• Establish, set, and monitor weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual O&M KPI’s and financial targets.
• Ensure all plants are adequately resourced with competent and motivated staff. It will need a recycling program and a change of mindset among employees.
• Build and lead best-in-class operational teams and provide leadership and mentoring to all levels.
• Ensure tight cost control by implementation and oversight of financial controls and processes.
• Relay and guarantee the implementation of Berkeley Energy core values in terms of Ethics, Social Governance, Environment, H&S, and Regulatory compliance.
• Responsible for budgetary control and setting of operational budgets for Kikagati Power.
• Technical evaluations of the equipment to ensure optimal performance and to identify and implement performance optimizations to maximize generation.
• Implement best in a class monitoring system to ensure reliability, maximization of all plants, and effective customer relationship.
• Investigates reports of defective, damaged, or malfunctioning parts, assemblies, equipment, or systems to determine the nature and scope of the problem.
• Responsible for developing, implementing, and reviewing compliance to operating policies and controls and ensuring consistency across all plants.
• Manage external relationships with keys stakeholders (customers, grid operators, governmental agencies, local communities, keys contractors, etc.).
• Prepare for and attend monthly and, as required meetings with senior management to present plant performance highlighting risks and opportunities.
Berkeley Energy /the portfolio business is lean organizations. Consequently, the entire staff will occasionally be involved in various duties outside of their usual scope of work, such as project and development work and admin tasks.
• Between 6 to 12 years of proven experience in the power generation sector, is a pre-requisite, preferred hydropower.
• Between 5 to 10 years of proven experience in O&M of power generation plants, in managerial positions, is a pre-requisite, preferred hydropower.
• Hands-on experience. Manage problem-solving processes with respect to design, construction, and coordination issues, Familiar with generators; excitation systems; governor systems; protection, control, and metering equipment; plant mechanical systems; switchyard.
• Experience in dealing with complex contractual agreements both in their underlying negotiation and adherence to scope.
• Experience in preparation of detailed budget cost control, financial and plant reporting.
• Experience working independently and collaboratively in an investigative role where detailed processes and procedures may not be specified.
• Experience in managing, coaching, and building high-quality operational teams. Even in challenging environments.
• Health, safety, and environmental awareness. Strong safety culture.
• Competent knowledge and use of MS Office and general IT skills.
• Willingness to travel and visit other project sites.
• Good analytical and supervisory skills
• Self-driven/entrepreneurial personality with managerial capabilities/experiences
• Leadership and fast-paced team player.
• Ability to work under minimal supervision.
• Excellent communication skills at all levels.
• Attention to detail and pride in work.
• Bachelor’s degree in electrical, industrial, or power systems engineering (engineering background is a pre-requisite).
• Candidates must be computer literate.
• Advanced level of English, both written and spoken.
• Ability to work in a team.
If your profile fits the above role and you have the desire to be part of our team, please send your CV and cover letter through the Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section by 5:00 pm on Friday 25th June 2021.