Software & Data
The Data Manager will develop, maintain, and optimize our data libraries, pipelines and data management procedures on FINCA’s in-house data management platform (ValiData). The position requires ease in working in a cloud-based environment and tools.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
There is no geographical restriction for this role.
FINCA’s Research and Data science team is seeking an experienced Data Manager, who will be responsible for building and managing high-quality information assets—including millions of data points collected directly from customer surveys around the world (normally via SurveyCTO), combined with secondary data that will enrich the framing and analysis of our research topics. The Data Manager will develop, maintain, and optimize our data libraries, pipelines and data management procedures on FINCA’s in-house data management platform (ValiData). The position requires ease in working in a cloud-based environment and tools.
- Obsessively take ownership for data quality at all stages, from primary data collection to final analysis.
- Ensure data accuracy, integrity, privacy, security, and compliance through globally established quality control procedures, both for internal and external data.
- Develop (or utilize already existing) ML/AI/NLP data quality algorithms using both metadata and primary data to validate and improve the quality of our primary survey data collected via SurveyCTO. Build (or utilize already existing) systems/algorithms for identification and correction of errors. Create and oversee quality control procedures for data collection and quality checks.
- Check/validate the quality of external datasets as needed. Build or utilize systems and algorithms for corrections.
- Build (or utilize already existing) visual dashboards to monitor collected data in real time. Train research team members and all users on the functionality and usage. Prepare self-guided user manuals/videos/infographics.
Data Sources and Pipeline
- Help enhance and contextualize our primary datasets by finding and acquiring relevant external data sources by research topic area.
- Develop and enhance data libraries containing required data for efficient construction of Theories of Change (TOCs), with datatypes, including but not limited to academic papers, review articles, blogs, infographics, maps, other primary or secondary datasets, etc. Harmonize the data for easy analysis.
- Develop/optimize FINCA’s ValiData data infrastructure for accurate extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) of data from variety of external and internal data sources. Build (or utilize already existing) systems to automatically import, clean, and integrated data from multiple sources.
- Develop/optimize FINCA’s ValiData data infrastructure to produce quick analysis and visualization using off-the-shelf solutions.
- Manage and update study databases prospectively.
Expert knowledge in:
- Data quality management (including meta-, qualitative and quantitative data) ML/AI/NLP tools and algorithms.
- Working within AWS infrastructure (e.g., Glue, Redshift, EC2, etc.)
- Programming languages (e.g., Python, R)
- Data visualization package (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI)
- Ability to work independently handle multiple projects and responsibilities simultaneously
- Pronounced eagerness to learn new skills and explore new research topics in depth
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Very detail-oriented
- Writing and inter-personal communication skills to prepare reports, document procedures and lead trainings as needed.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Minimum of B.A./B.S. degree with equivalent work experience in computer science, engineering, or statistics. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Three to five years’ experience in data management, data quality, data governance, metadata management, designing and implementing data systems and processes.
How to apply:
You may send resumes with cover letters via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.