Data Engineer / United Nations
NTT DATA Europe & Latam
Engineering & Technology
Assist with AWS Cloud set up and operational maintenance, both in development and production environment, to ensure continuous services and option to scale the operation to other UN peacekeeping missions.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
Integrity, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity.
NTT DATA is looking for an experienced and motivated Data Engineer for the MINUSMA Agency, in Uganda. Under the guidance of the Senior Programme and Operations Manager, the Front-end software engineer will provide technical inputs for designing, building, deploying, and maintaining components of a new technology product developed for MINUSMA ensuring that it functions according to the business and technical requirements.
- Assist with AWS Cloud set up and operational maintenance, both in development and production environment, to ensure continuous services and option to scale the operation to other UN peacekeeping missions.
- Develop and maintain protocols for device operation and deployment in main streaming sites and/or remote location, execute device monitoring and ensure data streaming.
- Maintain and improve existing scripts and data pipelines.
- Participate in technical designs of new systems.
- Research and implement continuous improvements for mobile application focused on data collection.
- Write functional requirement documents and guides.
- Support back-end and front-end developers with coding and troubleshooting.
- Identifying, designing and implementing internal process improvements including re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, optimizing data delivery, and automating manual processes.
- Building required infrastructure for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data from various data sources using AWS and SQL technologies, including data set preparation for new languages and models, together with data analysts and back and frontend developer team.
- Develop and work with APIs for integration with various data services and hardware.
- Advanced university degree (Master's degree or equivalent) in Computer Science, Electrical, Data Engineering or similar field.
- A first-level university degree in combination with additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Certification of Project Management will be an asset.
- Minimum of 5 (five) years of experience as data engineer.
- Experience in building AI and Machine learning models - Natural Language Processing (NLP), Natural Language Generation (NLG), Deep Learning (Voice and Image recognition) and Neural Networks is required.
- Functional understanding of ASR training techniques is required.
- Ability to effectively design software architecture is required.
- Proficiency in coding for the Linux operating system is required.
- Deep understanding of text representation techniques (such as n-grams, bag of words, sentiment analysis etc), statistics and classification algorithms is required.
- Proficiency in Python, knowledge of Java, R, Android, C++ programming languages and libraries is required.
- Experience with AWS Cloud services required.
- Experience with capturing online and FM radio signal/stations is required.
- Experience working on distributed, international teams, with cross-cultural teams is desired.
- Experience working for the United Nations or other international organization is desired.
Type of job: On-site (Entebbe, Uganda)
Contract Duration: Until 31st of December 2023 + extension (Long-term project)
Type of contract: Freelance
NTT DATA is a multinational consultancy company, employing over 17.000 professionals world-wide. Within the International Institutions we have framework contracts with European Institutions like: European Commission; European Parliament; European Court of Auditors; Europol; NATO; Court of Justice; EPO; European Council, United Nations, etc.
If you are interested and available for this opportunity (freelance / contractor possible), please respond as soon as possible.
How to apply.
Click on the 'Apply Here' section to be redirected to the application portal.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.