Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: DREAMS – Data Officer
John Snow, Inc. (JSI), a leader in the ﬁeld of international public health, is currently recruiting for two positions for the USAID-Regional Health Integration to Enhance Services-North, Lango (USAID-RHITES-N, Lango) Project. USAID- RHITES-N, Lango will improve the use of integrated health services in Northern Uganda’s Lango region and strengthen the health system to sustain gains made by earlier projects. USAID-RHITES-N, Lango will contribute to improving key population-based national health indicators; build the capacity of the Ugandan government to carry out a sustainable and locally-driven response to the HIV epidemic, while also improving TB, malaria, nutrition, MNCH+A, and WASH outcomes. JSI will work with Ugandan stakeholders to design and implement health system strengthening strategies to scale up high-impact, evidence-based interventions at the national, sub- regional, district, and community levels. Interventions will include VMMC, virtual elimination of mother-to- child transmission of HIV, antiretroviral therapy, and condom education and distribution. JSI will focus where the greatest impact can be realized, with a priority on hard-to-reach and high-HIV-prevalence locations. RHITES-N, Lango is a ﬁve-year contract. The JSI team includes Amref Health Africa, Doctors with Africa CUAMM, Another Option, and Medical Concierge Group.
The Data Clerks – DREAMs will mainly be responsible for the efficient and effective creation, storage, retrieval of all the DREAMs data records.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure real time data entry into UDOTS based on combined register
• Engage with the DREAMS data officer to ensure that best practices of DREAMS records storage and management are implemented.
• Work closely with the data officer to quantify the tools needed to ensure sustained DREAMS data collection.
• Work closely with health facilities to ensure cross cutting services are clearly captured in MOH tools
• Ensure that DREAMS data is collected and entered on the DREAMS Tracker on time.
• Manage the DREAMS registers and ensure they are always up to date
• Ensure confidentiality of data collected and stored at all times.
• Ensure safety of all DREAMS data entry equipment.
• Ensure that DREAMS Group registers and sub-county registers are up to date
• Maintain updated list of all Peer leaders of each group with tin the sub-county
• Performs any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
• Regularly contribute to periodic and adhoc data analysis as required by USAID RHITES-N, Lango
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
• Participate in collaborative learning and adapting activities designed from time to time
• Support data collection and submission for adhoc and other special studies commissioned by USAID RHITES-N, Lango.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
• The ideal candidate must hold a diploma in Statistics, Computer Science or related field or qualification.
• At least two years of experience in handling DREAMS records
• Computer literacy skills with acceptable minimum speed for data entry
• Previous experience of working with international NGOs, MOH, and public health facilities will be an advantage.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Practical experience in working with the DREAMS tracker (UDOTS)
How to Apply:
All interested candidates who meet the above requirements should send their applications clearly indicating the district of preference by email to email@example.com addressed to the Human Resource Manager attaching their application letters and CV
NB: JSI is an equal opportunity employer so women are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 20th August 2021