he Data Analyst will work within the Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning unit and in close coordination with the Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning officer based at the National Office, and with day-to-day supervision by the Regional Program Manager.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:2 years
Ayuda en Acción is an organization with an international presence that, from a global commitment, has been fighting against poverty, inequality, and exclusion since its birth in 1981. Our scope of action is developed in Africa, Latin America, Asia, and from 2013 also in Spain, in those territories and populations with greater vulnerability and less access to opportunities to exercise their rights with equality and equity. A non-denominational, non-partisan organization committed to the values that stem from respect for Human Rights and that believes in the need to generate changes that make social justice possible, by addressing the causes that generate inequality of opportunities, social exclusion, and poverty. Uganda country program is adopting a market systems approach to boost access to renewable energy for production and clean cooking amongst refugee and host communities in Adjumani district. Based on this premise, Ayuda en Accion (AeA) seeks to hire a well-grounded Data Analyst to be based in the Adjumani regional Office in West Nile, Northern Uganda.
The Data Analyst will work within the Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning unit and in close coordination with the Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning officer based at the National Office, and with day-to-day supervision by the Regional Program Manager. He/she will be responsible for projects’ data lifecycle management including collection, analysis, reporting as well as facilitating learning and exchange of information at regional level. This position will support all Ayuda en Accion Uganda Programs which include: – Market Systems Development and Solidarity bonds/child protection.
- In close collaboration with the MEAL officer, manage projects’ databases, ensuring that they are regularly updated with all relevant data including farmer groups, renewable energy trends and value chain actors in the region.
- Support the MEAL officer to collect data on key project indicators and context-based information.
- Ensure accurate and timely data collection, cleaning, validation, and aggregation to inform project strategies, implementation, and reporting.
- At the regional level, lead data quality checks, data control and management, with regular updates to the MEAL officer and the regional program manager.
- Collaborate with the MEAL officer to design appropriate data collection and aggregation tools, with plans to routinely update them for data quality improvement.
- Contribute to planning and coordination of field monitoring, surveys, assessments; including development of data collection plans, schedules, and other necessary guiding tools including mapping tools, Data quality Assessments, and or policies related to safeguarding the confidentiality, integrity and quality of data collected.
- Participate in AeA baseline assessments on set indicators including beneficiary incomes and poverty levels, mapping and profiling, and undertaking needs assessments.
- In collaboration with the MEAL officer, supervise and build capacity for field staff – to achieve data collection targets and present data and information in the best possible format for further analysis.
- Responsible for reporting and storage of data at regional level- ensuring that relevant reports are accurately completed from the analyzed data points and stored in appropriate files and folders for further reference. This will be done in collaboration with the MEAL officer.
- Contribute to and implement organizational policies for effective data management in compliance with the organization’s data protection policies and organization’s code of conduct.
Knowledge and experience:
- University degree in Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Quantitative Economics, Business Computing, Mathematics, Population Studies, or related field
- Post graduate qualification in M&E and/or Project Planning and management is also desired.
- At least 2 years of experience in data management.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience and knowledge of the data collection tools, techniques, and frameworks.
Skills & Qualities
- Ability to apply relevant tools including data quality assurance, gender analysis frameworks, etc
- IT skills, including experience with data management packages including STATA, Kobo, EpiInfo, ArcGIS, MS Excel, MS Access, Tableau, etc will be an advantage.
- Team player, with the ability to be self-driven
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Fluency in a local language in the areas of operation (Northern Region) will be an advantage.
- Flexibility to work effectively with changing priorities and competing deadlines
- Ability to ride a motorcycle with a valid driver’s license class.
- Incorporation: Immediate
- Duration of contract: 1 year renewable
- Workday: Full Time
- Location: Adjumani, West Nile region
- Remuneration/Salary: In accordance with Ayuda en Acción’s remuneration policy
In all selection processes we will take into account the criteria of NO discrimination based on sex, race, skin colour, religion, political ideas, social origin, sexual orientation, age, etc., providing a transparent and equal opportunity process for all candidates, as stated in our Code of Conduct. “Treating all people with respect and rejecting any kind of harassment, discrimination, intimidation, exploitation or any other action against Human Rights”.
How to apply.
Click on the 'Apply Here' section to be redirected to the application portal.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.