Numida is looking for a highly motivated young graduate with junior experience in customer care, call centers, and/or financial institutions. Customer Care Specialists are deeply knowledgeable about Numida’s lending products and policies, and can confidently and quickly answer inbound customer care requests in order to assist more interested eligible small business to successfully become Numida clients. Customer Care Specialists are responsible for Numida’s first impression with people are still contemplating Numida’s services. They act as both customer support and sales agents, helping Numida to convert significantly more potential clients to apply and helping more applicants to successfully complete their applications. Customer Care Specialists report to the Growth Manager and their performance is evaluated based on the volume of customer care tickets managed, in conjunction with the quality of support provided.
- Reviewing and responding to all incoming customer care requests through our various channels – in app chat, WhatsApp, toll-free phone line and Facebook messenger
- Making referral phone calls to existing Numida clients to drive new business
- Escalating customer care requests to the respective department as needed
- Communicating feedback to management about any issues that arise and any potential opportunities for improving Numida’s products and services based on feedback received through our customer care channels
- Effectively supporting both prospective and existing Numida clients with any technical challenges
- Collaborating with the Product and Credit teams and participating in various experiments that aim to improve the quality and efficiency of our service
- Assisting with other tasks as required by management
WHO YOU ARE
- A believer that small business growth in sub-Saharan Africa will drive community development and wide-scale poverty reduction
- A great communicator who speaks and writes in a clear, thorough and timely manner using a professional standard of English
- A helpful person who takes pride and finds joy in providing assistance to others
- A self-driven, results-oriented high achiever ready to work hard and smart to meet and exceed targets
- A team player with the humility to ask for help when needed and relies on feedback to rapidly iterate on your work
- Our team is currently 38% women, and we are committed to achieving gender parity, so applications from women are strongly encouraged
YOUR SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A University Degree in any field
- 1+ year of work experience in either a Customer Care function or in a Credit Institution. Experience working in a Call Center is a strong asset.
- Verbal and written fluency in both English and Luganda. Fluency in other Ugandan languages is an asset.
- Ability to provide customer care via chat using professional, concise, and slang-free English
- Knowledge about and practical experience with the principles of great customer care, and superb phone etiquette
- Excellent interpersonal skills and high levels of empathy – you are patient enough to truly listen to and understand the needs and wants of Numida applicants and clients, and can address their complaints with compassion
- Experience working with computers. Relatively high typing speeds are an asset
- Good critical-thinking and problem solving skills
YOUR COMPENSATION AND REWARD
This is a full-time, high-growth role in an early stage East African technology start-up. We are an unconventional business, and our workplace is inspiring with a lot of opportunity for personal growth and fun. You will receive a competitive salary and have the opportunity to work with a dynamic and diverse team based in Kampala, San Francisco, Toronto, and Vancouver.
Please apply directly using the BrighterMonday platform, and make sure to include a Cover Letter that answers the questions "Why are you a good fit for this role and why you are inspired to work with Numida?".