Reports to: Credit Administrator
Asaak is an asset financing company that provides credit by lending motorcycles to drivers to improve the livelihoods of informal workers in Uganda using the digital approach.
The Credit Officers will mobilize, appraise, disburse, monitor, and recover loans within their portfolio in line with the credit policies, procedures, and set targets.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
● Mobilize and sensitize customers about Asaak loan products and other services in line with set targets.
● Present loan project proposals to the loan committee for decision-making and give feedback to applicants in line with the lending policy and procedures of Asaak.
● Conduct a loan appraisal exercise in line with the lending policy of Asaak.
● Monitor & evaluate loan performance in line with disbursement terms and conditions
● Initiate recovery actions for loans in default in line with loan policy guidelines and procedures.
● Organize focus group meetings with clients in order to get feedback on how to improve Asaak services.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
● Hold a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, microfinance, or any related field.
● Have at least 3-5 years of experience in underwriting, credit analysis, marketing, or financial analysis experience; prior experience as a loan officer is an advantage
● Strong communication skills, characterized by excellent writing and speaking skills
● Must possess excellent multi-tasking skills and be able to function under pressure.
● Ability to handle fast-paced environments with minimum supervision and meet project deadlines. Knowledge of Boda Boda financing is a plus.
● Ability to use a tablet/smartphone/computer, experience with Google Applications is an advantage
● Must be patient and willing to help others in solving problems while maintaining a positive attitude at all times
● Must have a keen eye for detail and follow instructions precisely
● Should be fluent in English and Luganda.
How to apply:
Please email your CV and academic documents through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section. If selected for an interview, you must keep time. Candidates who are late to interviews are disqualified automatically.
Deadline: 25th June 2021 by 5:00 pm and interviews will be conducted as applications come through. Asaak offers equal opportunities to all candidates and therefore only short-listed candidates will be notified. No phone inquiries, please.