Corporate Affairs Manager
Management & Business Development
The Corporate l Affairs Manager is responsible for managing relationships with the company's external stakeholders, building impactful advocacy mainly in government as well as its agencies, industry players, consumer groups, and community leaders and advocating for a competitive business environment.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
Corporate affairs Manager
The Corporate l Affairs Manager is responsible for managing relationships with the company's external stakeholders, building impactful advocacy mainly in government as well as its agencies, industry players, consumer groups, and community leaders, and advocating for a competitive business environment.
Our client is a fast-growing Ugandan dairy company specializing in producing pure, nutritious high-quality milk products. The Dairy Plant is located in the Mbarara district and is one of the largest Milk processing companies with a vast portfolio of milk products that have now spread out to different parts of the world; Kenya, South Sudan, Sudan, Ethiopia, UAE, and India.
Over time the company has worked with many partners, suppliers and farmers. With the collective aim of developing prosperous and robust communities as part of a long-term association with different stakeholders.
Our client offers safe products for consumption with the primary goal of being the most preferred dairy brand in the world.
Duty station: Mbarara
Reporting to General Manager
- To lobby government (Central & Local) and regional trading blocs and advocate for the development of policies, regulations, and laws for an improved business environment (Tariffs, Taxes, Charges, Input costs, efficient transport and logistics, illicit trade, standards).
- To work collaboratively with industry associations to advocate for regulation and policies that improve business competitiveness.
- To advise the management team regarding how external issues may affect the company adversely.
- Provide the business with timely regulatory insights/updates to support decision-making.
- Advise management on anything that might result in the company’s reputational risk
- Maintain useful and credible contact lists with government ministries, agencies,
- Regulatory authorities and industry lobby associations. Ensure the business representation at their events.
- Communicate company position to Government, Institutions and other Stakeholders by preparing evidence-based submissions challenging factors that affect business competitiveness
- Participate, together with the Business Head or senior management team in committees within the relevant government ministries to advocate the company`s position on all matters that affect business or that will be beneficial to the industry.
- Lobby external stakeholders on new government regulations that require input before the regulations are implemented if they are of an adverse nature to the steel industry.
- Provide timely, accurate and comprehensive intelligence of political, policy and stakeholder developments and advice how to influence any opportunities or mitigate potential risks.
- Collect data and market intelligence on factors that affect company competiveness e.g.sub-standards, counterfeits, change of tariffs and levies, logistics and any other
- competiveness factor along the value chain.
- Build awareness of the operations to external Stakeholders and advocate the business Agenda
- Prepare and circulate periodic reports as per company and group calendar
- To be the liaison for the group External Affairs and Advocacy for purposes of group consolidations and focused approach on regional matters
- Undertake other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned
- Management of department budget(specific to role) as approved in line with the budget
- Procurement of items (specific to the role) as approved in line with the budget
- Minimum academic qualification: A degree-level qualification.
- Qualifications as an added advantage: Masters in Business Administration
- Professional registration: Added Advantage
Critical Experience Required
- General work experience (years): A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the same position Specific to the position (level/discipline/years): at least 4 years hands-on experience in:
- Dealing with Government Ministries and agencies, Uganda Revenue Authority, Uganda
- National Bureau of Standards, Sector Specific Associations, Uganda Manufacturing III. Association, Private Sector Foundation of Uganda, and other relevant Professional bodies.
- Knowledge of Government Budget-Making Cycle
- Thorough knowledge of the various tenets of the EAC Protocol including tariff regime Industry: Good knowledge of the Manufacturing Industry
- Lobbying: Evidence of having lobbied the government for the creation or abolition of protectionist tariffs
Critical Competence and skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to influence and negotiate
- Decision-Making Skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Highly inclusive and strong collaborator
- Ability to maintain professional relationships with Government policymakers, key external stakeholders, and community leaders
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills
- Ability to build a network of key relationships
- Strong strategic and planning skills
- Strong work ethics and personal integrity
- Highly motivated
- Self-starter and creative
- High energy, positive and inspiring
- Confident, self-assured, participative style
How To Apply:
All candidates should send their updated CVs and application letters through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.