Community Social Workers
Gufasha Girls Foundation
Community & Social Services
As a volunteer, you will have the opportunity to work directly with AGYW, families, and community members, providing education and resources on the negative impacts of child marriage, and advocating for the rights of girls.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:No Experience/Less than 1 year
We are seeking volunteers to join our team as community social workers to be part of our programs and projects which aim at ending child marriage and empowering girls. With Advocacy at the center of our work, Gufasha Girls Foundation works closely with schools, adolescent girls and young women and their communities on different programs and activities and also provides support and resources to families and communities to help them understand the importance of educating and empowering girls with the aim of protecting girls from child marriages and promoting gender equality.
As a volunteer, you will have the opportunity to work directly with AGYW, families, and community members, providing education and resources on the negative impacts of child marriage, and advocating for the rights of girls. You will receive training from our experienced team, and have the chance to develop your skills in areas such as advocacy, crisis intervention, and community outreach.
Table of Contents
- We are looking for individuals who:
We are looking for individuals who:
- Are passionate about ending child marriage and advocating for gender equality.
- Are passionate about transforming communities.
- Are able to communicate effectively and empathetically
- Are committed to upholding ethical standards and maintaining confidentiality
- Are able to work as part of the team and support the organization to achieve its mission.
- Have a desire to learn and grow in the field of social work.
- Leadership training and opportunities.
- Directly participating in community development.
- Peer-to-peer coaching and mentorship.
- Recommendation and support for career growth.
- Certificates, awards, and recognition for outstanding volunteers
No prior experience in social work is necessary, but a background in fields such as psychology, sociology, social work, social administration, counseling, and guidance or education may be beneficial.
The minimum duration for volunteering is 6 months although one can remain with the organization for years as they rise through ranks.
If you are interested in becoming a change agent focused on making a difference in the lives of girls and their communities and willing to commit to a minimum of 10 hours per week, we would love to hear from you. Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, contact information, and a brief description of why you would like to join our team, or you can fill in the form below.
Thank you for considering this opportunity to contribute to ending child marriage and building a generation of empowered girls. We look forward to hearing from you!
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.