Deadline of this Job:28 July 2020
ZOA HIRING COMMUNITY FACILITATORS (CFs)
Number required – (60); Indicate your preferred sub county.
Position : Nationals and Refugees.
Starting date : 20th August 2020 (pending contract award)
Duty stations : Odupi, Uriama, Rigbo and Rhinocamp Sub Counties.
Reports to : Senior Project Officer
ZOA is an international NGO that inspired by Christian identity and biblical message of reconciliation and restoration of a broken world with its headquarters in the Netherlands. ZOA operate in fifteen countries on and on three continents. At ZOA we provide relief to people affected by conflict or natural disasters, contribute to a new perspective of hope in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities we work on the recovery of their livelihoods.
In Uganda, ZOA has offices in Kampala, West Nile (Arua), Acholi (Nwoya), and Karamoja (Amudat). ZOA Uganda works both in relief and recovery on the themes of food security & livelihoods, WASH, primary/accelerated/vocational education, and conflict management with a special focus on land security.
About the position
Job Summary: The facilitator will work directly with the Savings and Development Clusters (SDCs) and help them discover important concepts in ERI, modern agriculture and saving groups and financial inclusion. The facilitator will reside in the same village as SDC members and meet with their group daily. The facilitator will focus on farmer entrepreneurship, participatory marketing, visioning, improved agriculture for selected strategic crops and VSLA. The facilitator will have its own demo for each group to provide farmers with hands on training. He/she shall adhere to the demo plot protocols given by the organization. He/she will also be responsible for educating people in COVID19 prevention and ensure groups adhere to COVID 19 SOPs including safe greetings, spacing, hand washing and other possession of PPEs by group members. .
• Form and build groups
• Provide field based extension service to individual farmers (in addition to the group training).
• Help groups in achieving their vision, goals, and objectives (help groups periodically monitor progress)
• Guide group members to develop and start an individual and group-based agribusiness.
• Help in conflict management
• Facilitate ERI, GALS, saving group and other modules using all approved tools
• Conduct pre-session planning, rehearsing and preparation and attend monthly/fortnightly cascading SPO-PO meetings in preparation for subsequent sessions
• Time management and be in the session area before the group
• Carry all the kits and materials required for facilitations
• Keep discussion lively, inclusive and participatory. Help to smoothen out domineering cases.
• Probe to help farmers at appropriate conclusions. Help them reach consensus
• Establish and run demo plots in line with approved protocols and keep record of the demonstration plots. Ensure demo plots are close aaccessible within or next to the community, acceptable to all the farmers. (Every member of the group have to agree about it), centrally located among the farmers, have a site (farm shed or shade tree) to hold participatory group discussions, suitable arrangements to protect from strays and authorized entries. Accessible
• Strictly adhere to curriculums and process
• Respect to participants
• Observe COVID 19 protocols
• Understand and respect cultural norms
• At least 4 years practicing in crop and animal farming. The facilitator need to have adequate knowledge in the following enterprises: cassava, soybeans, sunflower, sesame, sorghum, vegetables and poultry.
• 2 years directly with farmers
• Proof working as extension worker, ERI facilitator, FFS facilitator
• Good interpersonal skills
• At least certificate in agriculture (mainly in crop production) and related fields (agroforestry, horticulture, permaculture etc).
Skills required include
• Interpersonal skills
• Facilitation skills
• Technical skills
• Good negotiator
• Good listener
• Good probing techniques and observation skills
• Well mannered
• Organization skills – ability to setup demonstration gardens
• Mastery of local language
Job application procedure
All suitably qualified and interested candidates with the required qualification, experience, knowledge, skills, and attitude should send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org . Applications should only include the following: cover letter and an updated CV. Due COVID 19 pandemic, all applications will be received on line; HAND DELIVERED APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Deadline: 28th July, 2020. Indicate only “Application CF – …………………….. Sub County” on the subject line. Qualified female candidates and or individuals with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.