The Communications Officer will assist different projects to document their various projects activities, functions, and success stories through write-ups, photography, and videography.
These will form part of our client's project portfolio. The incumbent will primarily manage communications and PR efforts by technically supporting the company in ensuring timely and appropriate generation, collection, dissemination, storage, and ultimate disposition of information.
They will also responsible for developing and undertaking the marketing roles of the company as well as the production of the Newsletters.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Development and implementation of the Communication Strategy; Assessing information needs of key stakeholders as well as public relations.
• Monitoring and evaluating the progress of Communication Strategy in relation to the communication objectives of the projects.
• Promotion of positive culture and image of the company and projects.
• Coordinate preparation of information to update the company Website.
• Development of Information, Education, and Communication materials and multimedia productions for Social Media
• Production of the Annual communication reports.
• Coordinate and manage press conferences
• Capture photos and videos during events and take videos
• Production of the monthly electronic newsletters.
• Develop and implement communication activities for projects.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
• Applicants should be Ugandans holding a honors’ degree in any of the following areas: Mass Communication, Journalism, Development Communication, and Media Studies
• Five or more years of professional experience in communication at a senior position in private organizations, international agencies, or other credible/ reputable institutions.
• Documented experience of work undertaken in the past 3 years.
• Experience in communication and media relations, media campaigns, and promotional material development
• Experience in using a wide range of communication tools in print, broadcasting, electronic and traditional media as well as public relations
• Experience in advertising/brand industry in private sector-based marketing and promotions, non-governmental organizations, multilateral and bilateral development agencies, and government.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• High level of honesty, integrity, and versatility.
• Should be able to work with minimum supervision and deliver under pressure
All applications will be received and Reviewed through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section