The Communications & PR Executive will manage our external and internal corporate communications. They will promote a positive public image, utilize our communication strategy to deliver stellar business results, and control the dissemination of information on the company’s behalf.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:2 years
About the Role
The Communications & PR Executive will manage our external and internal corporate communications. They will promote a positive public image, utilize our communication strategy to deliver stellar business results and control the dissemination of information on the company’s behalf.
They will ensure that audiences within an organization's network have access to our messaging and also create engaging content for various platforms, like print, digital, social media among other available channels.
They will report directly to the Marketing Analyst / Campaign Manager and will work closely with the Marketing Specialist & our communication teams across the TATC brands.
- The Communications & PR Executive will have the following responsibilities. This list is not exhaustive, just indicative of the direction and purpose of the role.
- Assist in the communication of strategies or messages for senior leadership & marketing campaigns.
- Develop effective corporate communication strategies that yield stellar results for the business.
- Manage internal communications (memos, newsletters, etc.)
- Generate innovative ways to gain quality media coverage across all channels.
- Initiate, draft, and edit communications materials, including press kits, fact sheets, infographics and multimedia products, mass media or company website.
- Organize initiatives and plan events or press conferences.
- Liaise with the media and handle requests for interviews, statements etc.
- Foster relationships with advocates and key persons in the media sector.
- Collaborate with the marketing / product / sales teams to produce copy for advertisements or articles.
- Facilitate the resolution of disputes with the public or external vendors.
- Provide effective and timely responses to public information inquiries; and
- Provide timely strategic advice and creative solutions for dealing with sensitive communications issues and stories.
- Support and evaluate the results of communication campaigns with the team.
- Advise and assist colleagues to include media outreach activities such as interviews or press briefings.
- Advise colleagues on media relations and handle media inquiries.
- Development and maintenance of media contacts and lists.
Key Skills, Attributes & Experience
- The Communications & PR Executive should possess the following skill sets, attributes, and minimum experience. This list is not exhaustive, just indicative of the prerequisite skills needed.
- Exceptional communication (oratory & written) and copywriting & editing skills.
- Experience in corporate communications and project management are important.
- Positive attitude and the ability to gain the trust of colleagues and external parties alike.
- Proven experience in crisis Communication and management.
- Outstanding organizational and planning abilities.
- Advanced research skills including analytical insights on consumer behaviors.
- Exceptional SEO skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Office + Google Suite; photo and video-editing software is an asset.
- Experience in web design and content production is a plus.
- Proficient command of English.
- Degree in public relations, communications or relevant field.
The Communications & PR Executive will be onboarded on 01st Feb 2023 on an initial two years contract, renewable upon satisfactory performance.
About Working with Us
BrighterMonday Uganda, a subsidiary of The African Talent Company (TATC), was formed in 2014 and runs the largest job-matching platform in Uganda working with over 8,000 employers, and a growing database of over 200,000 candidate profiles.
Brightermonday Uganda is a talent leader in the market that can give historical and real time insight into the skills deficits that job seekers have. We have the largest structured dataset of employer skill requirements. These are categorized by job function, industry, role, level and all other pertinent information related to skill demands in the workforce.
Brightermonday Uganda is already a staple part of the recruiting process for a large number of Ugandan companies and job seekers. We have built the trust and brand that allows for immediate traction in terms of data production and analysis.
We already leverage our proprietary matching capabilities for job seekers in the market and effective performance marketing to help find jobs for seekers that match their skills.
In working at BrighterMonday Uganda, you will be joining a young, vibrant and exciting company that will support your career growth and development.
Some of the perks you can expect while working with us are;
Super exciting & challenging team engagements!
Remote work arrangements.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications including an updated CV and cover letter through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.