East African Ministries|4africa is a faith-based organization that exists to exalt Jesus Christ by restoring and empowering people to become good stewards of their community and country imparting biblical principles through sustainable clean water and preventative health initiatives while educating future leaders, all with a heart for service.
EAM|4africa has programs in Uganda and South Sudan and support offices in the US and Australia.
EAM|4africa is seeking qualified candidates to fill the following vacancies:
REPORTS TO: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Manager JOB LOCATION: Gulu
JOB TYPE: Full time
DEADLINE: 20th October 2021, 4:00 pm
The Communication Officer at 4africa/East African Ministries will take lead, under the supervision of the Monitoring, Evaluation & Accountability (MEAL) Manager, in preparing materials for informing donors, the government, communities, and the general public of 4 Africa's work in Uganda/South Sudan. Through the production of a range of written, audio
visual and photographic communications resources/materials, and contribute to informing staff of internal development and policy change/development.
Must be able to communicate 4africa’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that serves as an example to others.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop and implement a quarterly communication plan for strategic donor and public engagement.
• Produce written (feature stories and issue-oriented), photographic and video graphic reports highlighting the impact of 4africa’s work.
• Collect quality stories, photos, and videos of transformation across all 4africa’s programs (WASH, ministry, and leadership development).
• Support the production of electronic newsletters by providing required media material and program information (organizational changes, activities, staffing, etc.
• Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly & annual reports to MEAL Manager.
• Contribute to funding-oriented communications products and campaigns including web-based and print materials, posters, brief papers, reports, stories, and photo essays, and organizing events that raise the profile of 4africa.
• Work as the focal point of contact of 4africa within the media fraternity by developing and maintaining positive and proactive relationships in order to support the work of 4africa.
• Develop and maintain key in-country media contacts.
• Liaise with national/ and local press to support events media coverage.
• Support the designing and styling of country program reports (Quarterly, and annual) and edit all formal communication documents for external use e.g., donor reports & funding proposals.
• Support the development and capacity building of communication learning skills, policies & procedures of 4africa.
• Support the US/Australia communication team by continuously providing photos, stories, and impact stories as required by the communication team.
• Collect, edit, and submit well stories to the MEAL Manager for well report completion.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCES
• Bachelors’ Degree in Communication, Journalism, Social sciences, International Development or other related fields.
• A minimum of three years (3) experience in progressive development communication, International Communications, Media, Photography & Journalism.
• Additional training in photography and videography.
COMPETENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities, and willing to participate in/lead daily staff devotions.
• English language fluency (written & verbal) with proficient writing abilities to deliver & tailor messages to multiple audiences and communication channels.
• Excellent photography and videography skills.
• Excellent computer skills in MS Word, Excel, and basic communication design applications.
• Excellent interpersonal, cross-cultural communication, and team-working skills.
• Proven experience of acting as an organization spokesperson, the experience of giving media interviews and briefings. Demonstrated representation and public relations experience for the purpose of media-related engagements.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural work environment.
• Ability to facilitate and champion change in an organization.
• Ability to demonstrate good judgment and maintain confidentiality.
• Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
• Exceptional leadership and time management skills.
• Strong problem solving, critical thinking, coaching, interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a Cover Letter and CV only as one file in PDF through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.