We are looking for writers with previous online writing experience and a passion for the vertical you’re applying to. Please visit screenrant.com and review your familiarity with our range of topics before applying and, in your cover letter, make sure to tell us how your knowledge of entertainment content will complement Screen Rant’s coverage.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:1 year
This is a paid freelance, remote position – that means you can work from anywhere, on your own schedule.
Screen Rant is the #1 entertainment website on the web and publishes up-to-the-minute news on blockbuster movies, TV, video games, and comic books. Our editorial team is looking for eager writers to contribute engaging articles under the leadership of the Comics Lead Editor. The selected candidates will have tremendous career growth opportunities within the organization. Please note that this role does not involve video production, illustration, or manuscript writing
We are looking for writers with previous online writing experience and a passion for the vertical you’re applying to. Please visit screenrant.com and review your familiarity with our range of topics before applying and, in your cover letter, make sure to tell us how your knowledge of entertainment content will complement Screen Rant’s coverage. We would love to welcome you to our community of cinephiles, gamers, and geeks!
- Write a minimum of 510 articles per week in Screen Rant’s house style (following the requisite training and peer mentorship period)
- This will include fact-checking, formatting, linking, and image sourcing/very basic editing (sizing, brightness, etc.)
- Pitch story ideas when none are readily available
- Accept and apply any/all feedback received by the editorial team
- Communicate openly and actively with the editorial team
- A passion for the content and a drive to grow within the industry
- Deep knowledge of comics in general, especially major publications (DC, Marvel – both current comics, and major event/series of the past)
- Quick learner with a strong sense of urgency
- Excellent command of the English language
- Ability to write articles free of typos and grammatical errors
- Comfortable working in an entirely virtual environment
Applicants with experience in the following areas will be given favorable consideration:
- Understanding of the difference between news and features
- Relevant experience in writing and/or editing roles (digital publications, entertainment content)
- Familiarity with WordPress
- Image editing
- Analytics (GA)
What Screen Rant has to offer:
- Open schedule – write as much as you like, whenever you like, from wherever you like!
- Future bonusing opportunities for high contributors of quality articles
- Incredible opportunities for career growth within a supportive system
- An amazing community of like-minded people to nerd-out with on a daily basis
How to apply.
Click on the 'Apply Here' section to be redirected to the application portal.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.