Start Date: As soon as possible
Turaco is a fast-growing financial services start-up in East Africa that is bringing a new model to health and risk financing for emerging customers. Our offering is subscription-based insurance made for the mass market, which is distributed through business partnerships. At Turaco, we value simplicity, communication, and transparency as we strive to transform the way insurance works. Our mission is to free people from the fear of financial shocks by offering tailor-made, affordable insurance products that add real value to their lives. Since launching in 2019, Turaco has insured over 60,000 customers.
Turaco is looking for a skilled Claims Associate with a strong background in Medical Insurance to work within the Kampala office. The Claims Associate will report to the Claims Supervisor and handles claims for our company. Your responsibilities will include reviewing a customer’s insurance coverage, interviewing those who have filed a claim, liaising with underwriters to ensure high levels of service to customers and partners, and keeping Turaco up to date on industry developments. Your job is to ensure that a claim is processed correctly, so the customer receives the financial payout to which they are entitled. Your role also involves ensuring that customers access advisory and emergency services when needed. This is an exciting growth opportunity to be at the forefront of an innovative insurance company. We’re looking for someone who is results-oriented, organized, customer-centric, and comfortable in a fast-paced start-up environment.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
• Serve as a liaison between the underwriter and the Customer
• Ensure that underwriters are consistently providing a high level of service to Customers
• Ensure Customers have consistent access to advisory and emergency services
• Initiate, investigate and process claims reported by Customers
• Effectively communicate with customers, medical service providers, other 3rd parties, and co-workers to obtain all information needed to complete claims investigations
• Obtain and review claim information, company policies, and insurance policy details to decide on the approval and/or settlement
• Settle insurance claims by evaluating the facts of a customer situation surrounding the claim, documentation provided and determining whether the loss is covered
• Research and deploy fraud mitigation techniques while safeguarding partner and customer dignity
• Assist in developing claim reports and track Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) important to Turaco and its clients
• Analyse and recommend ways to always improve the customer experience, claims process, and communication tools
• Analyse claims data and shares relevant reports and insights with partners and management
• Build a thorough understanding of all products and partnerships undertaken by Turaco.
General operational support when needed
• Assist Operations team on ad-hoc tasks as requested
Key Qualifications & Your Profile:
• Live Turaco’s values – care and protect our customers, do the right thing, and have fun!
• 5+ years of medical underwriting or claims experience in either an insurance company, agency or brokerage
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
• Detail oriented and able to analyze both quantitative and qualitative data
• An understanding of basic insurance concepts, claims, and products
• Experience using G-Suite, Microsoft Office (Excel competency required), Slack, and modern workplace technology
• The ability to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment where a constantly improving approach to claims management is essential
• Excellent research skills and experience in customer service is a plus
• Bachelor/Undergraduate degree
• Fluency in English and Luganda required
The employee will, despite all individual responsibilities outlined, always be willing to undertake any activity needed for the successful operations of Turaco.
Remuneration & Benefits:
Turaco offers a competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
All applications will be received and Reviewed through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section