VARIOUS VACANY ANNOUNCEMENT AT FINN CHURCH AID (FCA)
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is the largest Finnish international aid organization. We operate in 14 countries, where the needs are most dire. We work with the poorest people, regardless of their religious beliefs, ethnic background or political convictions. Our work is based on rights, which means that our operations are guided by equality, non-discrimination and responsibility. FCA Uganda is now looking for competent persons to fill the following positions:
POSITION : CHILD PROTECTION OFFICER (02 VACANCIES)
DUTY STATION : RWAMWANJA REFUGUEE SETTLEMENT
REPORTS TO : PROJECT MANAGER
Position Summary: The Child Protection Officer is accountable for the professional contribution to project design, planning, administration, monitoring and evaluation of Child Protection project activities, data analysis and progress reporting, and commitment for enhancement of teamwork and capacity building, in support of achievement of planned objectives of the work plan, aligned with country programme strategy and donor requirements.
KEY RESULT AREAS
Program Planning and Implementation
· Develop, implement and monitor quarterly, monthly and weekly activity plans to achieve expected results. This includes planning of activities, budgets and procurement.
· Conduct follow up on all project activities to ensure efficiency, timeliness and program quality.
· Ensure that all planned activities such as those for Community based follow up visits, community awareness raising, and case management are implemented on time, to quality measures and within budget as per the monthly plan. Where challenges arise, ensure that these are flagged early, communicated to the Project Manager and addressed in an appropriate way.
· Technically lead all CP program activities within the field office and ensure that they are being implemented within national and international quality standards.
· Technically support the identification and documentation vulnerable children including separated and unaccompanied minors, children who suffered violence, children with disabilities and children at risk within the education sector.
· Provide technical support for community awareness on identification of vulnerable children, child rights and general child protection within the learning environment.
· Refer cases with specific needs to the competent service providers, follow up and document referred cases.
· Ensure that follow-up visits are conducted for children in alternative care arrangements / fostered and other settlement based activities.
· Report any violation of the Child safe guarding guidelines in line with the FCA operation policies
· Work with cultural sensitivity and respect the dignity of vulnerable children and families and members of the host communities at all times.
· Conduct focus group discussions with boys and girls, according to age-groups to understand the different gender roles and preferences of activities to inform interventions.
· Conduct focus group discussions with beneficiaries (parents and children) on the delivery of activities
· Carry out periodic community dialogue on child protection in the community
· Support youth to carry out child protection awareness campaigns through a range of activities
· Lead and coordinate formation and strengthening of children's clubs to create awareness on child protection
· Engage and support children's clubs carry out community awareness and CP campaigns
Mentorship and Coaching
§ Mentor Child protection focal points and leaners in schools to ensure that they are empowered to achieve their performance objectives and program results.
§ Ensure that schools mainstream child protection in Education
§ Build capacity of FCA staff in of in technical child protection programming.
Monitoring and Reporting
§ Ensure that all child protection project data is properly and regularly collected by field staff, checked, validated and share with the Project Manager and Area Manager for inclusive decision making.
§ Produce project reports on monthly and quarterly basis.
§ Produce activity reports e.g. training reports.
§ Document and share best child protection practices.
§ Monitor the work of teachers in the adherence and mainstreaming of Child protection practices in Schools
§ Monitor protection issues for boys and girls.
Coordination and networking
· Represent FCA in child protection working group meetings at both settlement and zonal levels
· Network with INGOs, NGOs, the UN, and local government authorities in order to inform them of the project.
§ Plan joint activities/events whenever possible
Qualifications and Experience
· Accomplished university degree in child protection ,social sciences ,development studies ,guidance and counselling or relevant fields and professional able to blend social practice with hands-on education and child protection experience
· Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in working with vulnerable communities, basic needs and distribution programming experience and / or/ advocacy.
· Professional training in Gender based violence in emergency.
· Experience in protection interventions in line with Refugees operations.
· Experience in implementing and monitoring formal and non-formal education projects, Education in Emergency interventions with linkages to Child Protection.
· Proven experience in community mobilization and awareness- raising.
· Experience with data collection, and report writing.
· Basic understanding of humanitarian approaches and standards.
· Experience in networking and working with local government, international actors and UN agencies.
· Flexible and capable of working and living in difficult circumstances in a multicultural context
· Strong integrity and commitment to FCA children’s principles and values including child safeguarding and protection.
· Additional training in first aid administration is an added advantage
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applications should send a cover letter and a CV (not more than 5 pages) with at least three referees and a daytime telephone contact with copies of academic papers addressed to:
The Human Resource and Administration Manager,
Finn Church AID, Uganda Country Office.
P.O. Box 21826 Kampala, Tank Hill Rd, Roche Close, Plot 1495 Muyenga, Uganda.
Email applications should be in one file attachment (Ms Word or PDF) mentioning the position title in the subject to Ugaco.email@example.com
Deadline for receiving applications is Sunday 2nd August 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
· Women and PWDS are encouraged to apply.
· Host and Refugee communities are encouraged to apply