Job Position: Chief Technology Officer
Are you determined, creative, and a problem solver? Why not contribute largely to impacting the lives of numerous Ugandans as a Chief Legal Officer at clinicPesa.
Location: Soliz House, Lumumba Avenue Kampala Uganda.
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer.
Key responsibilities will include strategic technology leadership, oversight over product development, technical business development, Software Engineering, Quality Assurance, Data Science & Engineering and Product Management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The CTO will;
· Develop technical aspects of the company’s strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals.
· Discover and implement new technologies that yield competitive advantage.
· Help departments use technology profitably.
· Supervise system infrastructure to ensure functionality and efficiency.
· Build quality assurance and data protection processes.
· Monitor KPIs and IT budgets to assess technological performance.
· Use stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology
· Communicate technology strategy to partners and investors.
· Oversee the security implementation strategy and data protection.
· Setting up and overseeing the company’s finance IT system.
· Direct development and delivery of software solutions to meet customer needs.
· Identify and execute business process improvements related to technical applications, systems and client implementations.
· Contribute in key customer meetings to promote existing relationships.
· Strategically represent company’s technical expertise in winning of new business along with sales and marketing department.
· Coordinate with senior leadership across organization and stimulate overall resource allocation as best fits business objectives.
· Identify priorities and communicate technology impacts throughout decision making process.
· Forecast, plan, research and select new technologies enabling company to attain business goals.
· Lead and direct interdepartmental teams towards integration of these new services into organizational network.
· Provide strategic direction for technical assessment, definition, prioritization, architecture, design and deployment of new products and services.
· Strategically negotiate and manage critical vendor relationships to maximize value and timeliness of external innovations.
· Design IT security strategy for implementation of Risk and Data protection policy as well as contribute to the enhancing of the same policy.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience;
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Engineering or related discipline from a recognized university.
· Master’s degree in a related discipline from a recognized institution is an added advantage.
· Proven dynamic leader of a high-growth technology organization.
· Payments experience is a major advantage.
· More than 4 years working experience in software design and development, preferably in a Scaled systems and infrastructure.
· Deep knowledge of Scala and Java, Akka, Playframe work, Clusters and Cloud Servers, Kafka, Redis, Non-SQL Databases, Postgres SQL, Web services, Networking and Security; and related technologies.
· Strong familiarity with information security, risk management, and payments industry compliance requirements.
· Must be able to work in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment and interact with partners and
· Exceptionally self-motivated and directed, with top-notch interpersonal and communication skills.
· Proven ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
· Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
· Exceptional service orientation.
· Strategic thinking